Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 182 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

The reliable, lovable 2007 Yaris
By nargrakhan

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This was the first car I've personally owned, bought for a flat 13k from the local Toyota dealer. It's been in my possession for exactly seven years, and currently just under 59k miles. I always got an oil change every 5000 miles. Changed tires and engine tune up at 50k.

Let me state she NEVER fails me. Be it flooding downpours, heavy snowfalls or gusting hurricanes: the car always pulled through like a champion. Been hit twice at low speeds (once in the front and once in the rear), but after a quick trip to the bodyshop she runs perfect. Both incidents only caused cosmetic bumper damage, as the car itself is far more rugged than she looks.

She has spunk. She has spirit. I love her!

The Yaris has great handling and is surprisingly responsive. Combined with the vehicle's small size, I've easily dodged the antics of reckless drivers. On the Interstate it can go over 80 MPH, though it takes a bit of time to get that fast and strains the engine. Going 45 to 55 suits it perfectly. Putting down the rear seats offers a lot of cargo room. Don't expect to fit a fridge or oven in there, but I've gotten a lawnmower, television set, and two dozen bags of yard mulch to fit snug in there (not at the same time of course).

I got the Yaris for it's cheap price, so I can't really complain about what the vehicle lacks. I suppose I wish the instrument dash was closer to the driver side. The designers placed it in the center for some reason. Wasn't a deal killer though.

Spunky little car!
By robbadobba82

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used last year with 118,000 miles on it. It was a one-owner car. It's pretty basic but at least has A/C. I plan on pushing it over 200k miles which should be easy to do. It's a Toyota! A blast to drive with a stick shift. Enough performance to be zippy around town and the MPG's make me smile. Great car for the money. Sometimes I want something with more options but then I realize, this car is what it is. It's simple, no nonsense, it gets me from A to B and I have fun doing it. Gonna be hard to let it go if it ever dies. Love Love Love! Oh, also does great in Michigan Winters!

Manual Gearbox Size (Fits into ANY parking space) Hatchback Fold Down Seats Decent Sound System A/C

Maybe a little lower stance. I know it's not a race car but after driving in my car, my wife's Honda Civic feels like I'm sitting in a hole.

I'm waiting for it to die
By luvmyyaris

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have my eyes on the 2012 Audi A6, but I can't conscionably take the leap when my 2006/2007 Yaris just refuses to die!
I have 113K miles (7.5 years) and it's running like a champ.
Sure I can't beat all the Audis and the BMWs off the green light, but I can zip and zoom around everyone else, and only pay $26 every 5K miles for servicing.
No repairs whatsoever, other than new tires every 50K, and a belt change at mile 100K.
I have a feeling the little Yaris is going to hang on for another 7.5 years, but deep down I'm hoping that it won't because I'm itching to get into a nice car that doesn't "rattle" when traveling at 80 mph.

Reliability. Fuel economy.

Great Car!
By nightrider5

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used as my first car 2 years ago with about 80,000 miles on it.
Since then it has only had a few minor services needed that are standard for cars over 90,000 miles and it has held up very well against my three large dogs and myself.
This car is a great value and an enjoyable car to drive around town in, since it gets great mileage.
I wouldn't recommend it for long trips, but as an everyday car for me it worked perfectly!

-Easy turning -Great Stereo -Comfortable bucket seats -Pretty exterior design -Tall (not a low-riding car, like a sports car) - A very small blind spot -Easy to park -Back seats fold down to compensate for the little trunk space -Doesn't cost much to service -Gas mileage

-Larger side view mirrors -Side airbags -ABS

Good Economy Car
By nightfrog65

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This was my 1st new car bought in 2007, and it hasn't let me down in the 6 years I've driven it.
It's a basic economy car, so I went in not expecting leather heated seats, GPS, and backup cameras.

Plus, it gets good gas mileage, so there is much less money to spend on fuel compare to many vehicles on the road today.
It's not hybrid, so no $10K battery replacement costs nor electronics needed to manage the dual electric/gas powertrain system.

The only downsides I can report are lack of standard tachometer and arm rest.
I bought an aftermarket arm rest online, and that helped on long trips.

Fuel economy, reliability

Standard tachometer and cruise control. Otherwise, have no complaints. Not sure if this is possible, but a sunroof might be cool for high end models. It's not a luxury vehicle and doesn't need leather or heated seats/GPS/etc...