Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 180 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

I'm waiting for it to die
By luvmyyaris

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have my eyes on the 2012 Audi A6, but I can't conscionably take the leap when my 2006/2007 Yaris just refuses to die!
I have 113K miles (7.5 years) and it's running like a champ.
Sure I can't beat all the Audis and the BMWs off the green light, but I can zip and zoom around everyone else, and only pay $26 every 5K miles for servicing.
No repairs whatsoever, other than new tires every 50K, and a belt change at mile 100K.
I have a feeling the little Yaris is going to hang on for another 7.5 years, but deep down I'm hoping that it won't because I'm itching to get into a nice car that doesn't "rattle" when traveling at 80 mph.

Reliability. Fuel economy.

Great Car!
By nightrider5

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used as my first car 2 years ago with about 80,000 miles on it.
Since then it has only had a few minor services needed that are standard for cars over 90,000 miles and it has held up very well against my three large dogs and myself.
This car is a great value and an enjoyable car to drive around town in, since it gets great mileage.
I wouldn't recommend it for long trips, but as an everyday car for me it worked perfectly!

-Easy turning -Great Stereo -Comfortable bucket seats -Pretty exterior design -Tall (not a low-riding car, like a sports car) - A very small blind spot -Easy to park -Back seats fold down to compensate for the little trunk space -Doesn't cost much to service -Gas mileage

-Larger side view mirrors -Side airbags -ABS

Good Economy Car
By nightfrog65

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This was my 1st new car bought in 2007, and it hasn't let me down in the 6 years I've driven it.
It's a basic economy car, so I went in not expecting leather heated seats, GPS, and backup cameras.

Plus, it gets good gas mileage, so there is much less money to spend on fuel compare to many vehicles on the road today.
It's not hybrid, so no $10K battery replacement costs nor electronics needed to manage the dual electric/gas powertrain system.

The only downsides I can report are lack of standard tachometer and arm rest.
I bought an aftermarket arm rest online, and that helped on long trips.

Fuel economy, reliability

Standard tachometer and cruise control. Otherwise, have no complaints. Not sure if this is possible, but a sunroof might be cool for high end models. It's not a luxury vehicle and doesn't need leather or heated seats/GPS/etc...

It just doesn't die !
By sheeep

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I did research,found Yaris was the 1st reliable car among all(2 issues/100 cars,Camry or Accord with less than 20 while Impala with 60 some).I bought the cheapest one available in the area with 86k miles in 2009(29k mile/year average !!!) with no hesitation.I AM A HAPPY CAMPER ! I am racing the heck out of it and have 130k miles by now.It just refuses to DIE.It's incredibly peppy like Edmund said. With a DROP-IN K&N air filter,80mph in a blink and 110mph is not a dream.Mine got 29.8/35.7mpg.The car is surprisingly spacious inside. NO repair at all so far, just belt and oil.And I don't see any engine downgrade yet. Not even a vibration while moving.

Dash cup holder keeps me on the road while getting my drink and driving Very fun to drive. Cheap to maintain. No steering fluid (electronic steering system instead). No clutch fluid (shared with brake fluid).

Road noise. This is not about the car itself. It's just insulation. They are so cheap on putting insulation in the car.(I ripped all plastic panel inside, so I know !) Head rests are stupidly designed.

the best little car
By yaris4

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car drives smoothly in the front seat.
Long drives in the country are comfortable with no back ache.
Averaging 32-36 combined mpg.

Great commuting car to the downtown core and easy to park.

Auto transmission smooth and only repair made has been a new alternator.

A/C runs cold still.