Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews - 401 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Yaris

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Faulty seatbelts in Yaris 2007
By Elaine

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Have been loyal Toyota person. Can't wait to get rid of this one. Had accident with frontal impact. Seatbelts did not engage. Toyota gave us the run around. Cannot continue to buy from a mfgr that will not stand behind it's product. Also have a moisture leak in the interior. Dealer has been unable to find it after 3 visits. Airbags also did not go off on impact. Police gave us an affidavit regarding defective seatbelts. I don't sue people but Toyota should be ashamed! I hope any Yaris owner will have their seatbelts checked!! It could save your life!

Get seatbelts and airbags that work!!! Respond to reasonable complaints from customers. Eventually, people will learn that Toyota doesnt care!!

Great Little Everyday Car
By testguy

2007 Toyota Yaris S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car for almost two years now and I have been throughly impressed with it. It was my first new car and it has held up extremely well, minus a small ding (my own fault), when it is cleaned it looks like it did the day I drove it home. The interior is much larger than you would think (I'm 285 and have plenty of room, and my best friend is 365 and we fit with no issue). The only thing I have replaced so far have been the wipers.

I like the room, I like the radio and the MP3 features it has. The trunk space is nice and there are numerous cubby holes and places to store stuff. Oh and I love the cupholders that disappear into the dash.

Most of my complaints come from having had SUVs most of my life. But I do wish the car had power locks and windows, I really didn't know they even made cars without them anymore. I bought the sport version and I really don't see what the differences are between the models.

Very happy with the Yaris
By CHCkid

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Yaris a year ago after my '97 Monte Carlo broke down and decided it wasn't worth fixing. The Yaris is rather comfortable and is very easy to maneuver. It looks really small on the outside but it's actually roomy on the inside. I drive at least 30 miles a day to and from school and the gas mileage is incredible and the comfort of the seats are great. The Yaris does not perform well during wintery and icy conditions. The car heats up relatively quick during winter months.

FUEL-EFFICIENCY! Audio system is pretty cool, the sporty look to the car's exterior, the cool cup holders to the side, and the comfort and maneuverability of the car.

Put the speedometer and the odometer on the left, where other normal cars put them. Illuminate all the other buttons in the passenger doors, only the door lock and the auto window buttons in the driver's side are illuminated, in addition to the audio system and speedometer etc., in the car.

Silverado to Yaris
By JP

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a Yaris as a commuter car. I drive over 60 miles a day and was driving a full size Chevy Silverado truck. The fuel savings over the past year and a half have been over $2000. I can get over 40MPG on the highway if I drive at 60MPH. The interior is well designed and comfortable to drive. Turning radius is awesome. MP3 jack is a great feature. The trunk also has tons of room. The car is fun to drive and quite stylish for under $15K. No need to shop around just go out and buy one.

MPG, MP3 jack, and door panel water bottle holder.

A little more interior compartment space. The users manual and insurance documents fill up the glove compartment quite quickly.

This car deserves a second look!
By Bob

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I mainly chose the Toyota Yaris for the fuel economy. I have averaged almost 60mpg on highway runs, and about 40mpg around town (much better than my other car)! The seating is comfortable and the interior is easy to keep clean (charcoal gray). It handles beautifully at higher speeds, even around corners! The newly redesigned headlight assembly allow great light dispersion, for improved visibility, especially if you add the Sylvania Ulta Star headlamps! Most oncoming traffic think I am running my high beams, yet I am not! The fuel tank capacity is 11.1 gallons, and I can squeeze 600 miles out of it! If you try it, you will buy it! Really deserves a second look!

The basic audio system sounds great, with the SRS technology! I really enjoy the height adjustment on the drivers seat. Pleanty of room in the trunk, especially if you fold down the split rear seat!

I think some of the optional upgrades should be offered as "standard" on ALL models of this car, such as power accessiores, remote unlock, and remote start would be especially nice!