Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews - 400 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Yaris

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Perfect College Car
By Jess

2007 Toyota Yaris S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is the perfect car for college students. It is reliable, low maintenance, affordable and has great gas mileage. I'm currently a student in college who lives four hours away from home, and I find this car to be very reliable.

I love the comfort of the interior and the smooth drive.

None that I can think of. I highly recommend buying one with automatic locks and windows. That is what I don't have and I highly regret it.

Do your research first!
By Moose

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have a very long commute to work, and my truck's gas mileage was killing my wallet. I purchased the Yaris for Toyota reliability and the advertised fuel mileage. I got both - what I also got was an extremely uncomfortable, unsafe car. The ten minute test drive will not show just how uncomfortable the vehicle is, especially for taller individuals. Rent one first for an extended drive to make sure you "fit." Also, look at independent safety tests - the tests for the Yaris without side airbags are scary. The ride at highway speeds is extremely unstable and the vehicle is very quick to skid when braking in the rain. If safety is a concern, DO NOT BUY THE YARIS.

Fuel mileage, reliability.

Telescoping steering wheel, standard torso and side curtain airbags, standard ABS and VSC, lower ride height and stiffer suspension.

Beware of inherent problems
By Lonnie Thibodeaux

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Only fairly fun to drive. Dissatisfied with the way it is affected by slight wind which destabilizes the car. The steering wheel is to short and the car reguires constant redirection to maintain a straight path. As an owner of a Yaris, I would not recommend it.

Good styling, comfortable seating, very roomy for a subcompact. Great on gas.

Toyota needs to redesign the steering, make the car more stable to wind burst, and extend the steering wheel, it's too short.

Overall fantastic traveling vehicle
By mary ann

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Handles very well, quiet engine.

Ability to raise driver seat up or down and better comfort adjustments compared to earlier model.

Faulty seatbelts in Yaris 2007
By Elaine

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Have been loyal Toyota person. Can't wait to get rid of this one. Had accident with frontal impact. Seatbelts did not engage. Toyota gave us the run around. Cannot continue to buy from a mfgr that will not stand behind it's product. Also have a moisture leak in the interior. Dealer has been unable to find it after 3 visits. Airbags also did not go off on impact. Police gave us an affidavit regarding defective seatbelts. I don't sue people but Toyota should be ashamed! I hope any Yaris owner will have their seatbelts checked!! It could save your life!

Get seatbelts and airbags that work!!! Respond to reasonable complaints from customers. Eventually, people will learn that Toyota doesnt care!!