Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews - 402 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Yaris

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Economical for rising gas prices
By Mel

2007 Toyota Yaris S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased the Yaris for my daughter attending a near by University, pay her car, gas. etc. It's a great 'first' car OR a great 'fuel' economy car. As long as you take care of the maintenance with dlr, drive easy you'll love the Yaris. It's easy to park, easy to maintain, maintenance is minimal (if you take care of it) and with rising gas prices how can you not want a great economical car. I love everything about it, I'm sure as newer models come out the Yaris will only improve and become a strong Toyota car. I love the options and yes, there are somethings that need to change or ad (cup holds not in good locations and would like keyless entry) other than that it's a great car.

Options available, great on gas, easy to drive, easy to park, great FIRSTS car or great economical car, just the right size for anyone

Cup holders should be located where they are easy to access versus stretching for them near vents, arm rests would be great and more storage is needed.

Fun, Fun, Fun
By dinhcara

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Toyota, but not my first micro vehicle. I've owned an 850 Fiat coupe, as well as a Renault 4CV. They were a blast to drive, and probably the reason that I was not intimidated by light-weight small cars. Those cars were much lighter than this one. Oh sure, it can be a little twitchy in the corners and on the hi-way when there's a big cross wind. And the engine, though very competent, is no Z-28 302. But for "Fun to Drive", this one is right up there. The electric power steering just feels right. It has the optional 15" tires, just to let you know. It has a secure feeling, probably due to the long wheelbase for its size. People sit up high -- nothing claustrophobic.

Very ergonomic, that is, easy to get in and out of, see out of, use of controls; unique -- not too many hatchbacks yet, or Yarises in general; Toyota quality (I hope); gas mileage (35 overall); did I mention handling? I like the location of the cup holders; oil changes are easy.

I kind of wanted a tachometer, but, hey, it's better to watch the road, and it has a rev limiter, anyway. If the air conditioner has an odor, then move the control for outside air. There is a turbo kit from Toyota, and a lowering kit. Can't stand that! I really need to save my money (and license).

Perfect College Car
By Jess

2007 Toyota Yaris S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is the perfect car for college students. It is reliable, low maintenance, affordable and has great gas mileage. I'm currently a student in college who lives four hours away from home, and I find this car to be very reliable.

I love the comfort of the interior and the smooth drive.

None that I can think of. I highly recommend buying one with automatic locks and windows. That is what I don't have and I highly regret it.

Do your research first!
By Moose

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have a very long commute to work, and my truck's gas mileage was killing my wallet. I purchased the Yaris for Toyota reliability and the advertised fuel mileage. I got both - what I also got was an extremely uncomfortable, unsafe car. The ten minute test drive will not show just how uncomfortable the vehicle is, especially for taller individuals. Rent one first for an extended drive to make sure you "fit." Also, look at independent safety tests - the tests for the Yaris without side airbags are scary. The ride at highway speeds is extremely unstable and the vehicle is very quick to skid when braking in the rain. If safety is a concern, DO NOT BUY THE YARIS.

Fuel mileage, reliability.

Telescoping steering wheel, standard torso and side curtain airbags, standard ABS and VSC, lower ride height and stiffer suspension.

Beware of inherent problems
By Lonnie Thibodeaux

2007 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Only fairly fun to drive. Dissatisfied with the way it is affected by slight wind which destabilizes the car. The steering wheel is to short and the car reguires constant redirection to maintain a straight path. As an owner of a Yaris, I would not recommend it.

Good styling, comfortable seating, very roomy for a subcompact. Great on gas.

Toyota needs to redesign the steering, make the car more stable to wind burst, and extend the steering wheel, it's too short.