Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan Consumer Reviews - 221 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Yaris is Nice
By KP

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Yaris for about 2 weeks know. I love the middle gauges because now I don't have to look through the steering wheel to see them. I got 34 mpg for first two tanks. The steering wheel is a little cheesy looking. I got every option offered and so far so good. Don't like that there is no place to put change or your cell phone or that the cup holders when you put a cup in them block the A/C vent. That won't work when it is 95 degrees outside. The outside of the car I love. As for acceleration, I have a manual so it has done pretty good. I drive on a major highway to work and it keeps up with all the other cars at 80 mph. Plus it's a Toyota so it is going to last.

Exterior look, middle gauges, gas mileage.

Change steering wheel to one more modern. Maybe with radio buttons and cruise control buttons on the wheel. Offer a sunroof and 6 disc changer with better quality speakers, maybe bose.

Great gas mileage & fun to drive!
By MC

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I expected the great gas mileage (I'm getting 35 pretty routinely and 38-40 on long trips), but the advertising doesn't tell you how much fun it is to drive! You sit up high - feels a little like an SUV in this regard - so road visibility is great. This thing turns on a dime, so you can zip in and out of really tight spots. Mine is a standard (5 sp) transmission, so pickup (even with the AC running) is a non-issue. Good passenger room (I have the 4-door.) Safety issue: there is a HUGE blind spot between the rt. rear passenger window and the back window - you really MUST use the passenger-side mirror to see what's coming up behind you on the rt. side.

Driver's seat sits you up higher than in many bigger cars. Interior room and trunk room are both unexpectedly generous for such a small car. Steering is steady and straight. Turning radius unbelievable.

RPMs increase audibly with each upshift! Toyota calls this "normal", but it's never happened in any other 5sp I've owned and wastes gas! Need better cupholder placement and space for small change. Replace plastic hubcaps. Fix rear rt. side blind spot. Upgrade cheap upholstery - it shows all lint!

Best value at proven reliability.
By Jeff

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Timing couldn't be more perfect. In the small cars category, Toyota brought a Europe-proven model to the US market and beats the rest in the category for value and reliability with fuel efficiency, kick in the drive and my 4-door sedan Yaris is the biggest small car at this price! Even driving at my high speed average of 82 mph on highway commute, fuel efficiency is still at good 37 mpg.

Not Just for Kids
By deb

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Have had my Yaris for 9 months and so far all is well! It's great on gas mileage, averaging 30+ and that's with lots of short trips in town. Cute styling, comfy interior even for my 6 foot 200 pound son, and decent room for back seat passengers. Trunk is huge, too. I'm 51 years old and previously drove a 1991 Toyota pickup which was EXTREMELY reliable. Had to stop driving it due to arthritis (had to give up the manual transmission, dang it!). If this little Yaris cutie is half as good as my Toy truck I'll be a happy camper!

Gas mileage, roominess for small car.

Offer the Blazing Blue color in the sedan, not just the liftback.

My 1st Car - Brand New Car
By Garry

2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The only thing I have to tell about the drive is simple. The best thing to do before driving this car is to start the engine, put it on drive, hold the brake and wait for one or even 2 minutes like this. After what you can enjoy a perfectly warm oil for the transmission and a better engine and transmission maintenance over a long period.

The radio that come with the basic features is enough for everyone. It even takes my MP3 CDs. Excellent features including the fact that I like to see the speed I'm going with the speedometer in the middle of the dash.

Let the driver have the choice of numerical or digital speedometer.