Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 180 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Unique Styling, Outstanding Mileage
By micweb

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the type of car I expected from VW - compact, highly efficient, well made, and innovative. Well, I had to go to Toyota to get it, but at least there are a ton of Toyota dealers to get it serviced at! :-) I gave up some creature comforts that I hardly miss - like power windows etc. - but got a great price. This puppy accelerates FAST with a 5 speed. It is more sporty than my old VW Golf! At the same time I am getting 35-37 mpg during this break-in period on my freeway commute. Quiet when cruising. Engine noise when accelerating, but that's the trade off for a sub-2500 pound car that does well in NHTSA, NCAP, and IIHS crash tests. I'm a happy new owner!

Unique styling. Smooth engine with great acceleration (5 speed). Toyota build quality. Great gas mileage. Exceptionally spacious for one, roomy enough for 2. Kids only in back, please!

The "flaps" on the back of the cargo panel dangle down and eat up cargo space. Find a "scuff resistant" plastic material for the lower part of the door. Even using the windows results in scuff marks! Give us the knee and side airbags on the Euro version!

I Love My Little Yaris!
By Laurie

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car a little over a month ago, and have really enjoyed it. It's my first new car, so I've been really careful during the "break in" process. I can tell it has gotten smoother during this time. The steering is awesome! I also have come to really like the center console design. It's easy to use and find all the controls. Sometimes I wish there were a tachometer, but it's not a big deal. This is a great car for anyone who just wants a buzz-around car! It does great on the highway as well, although it has a harder time accelerating on hills (and with more than 2 adults in the car). But I still love it for what it is!!

Size, steering, body style/looks, gas mileage, practicality.

Limited view out of the back.

Extremely Pleased!
By matt_n

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I really do love my Yaris. I was a bit skeptical after reading some reviews from various editors, but in the end I decided to trust the consumer reviews, and I'm glad I did. As long as you understand that you are not going to have the fastest car in the world, I think you will be pleased if you purchase a Yaris. I have a light touch on the pedal to conserve my MPG, but it has no problem traveling in the fast lane. I have never driven a hatchback, but now I am hooked forever! Some reviews talk about a lack of a fun factor, but trust me, it's a lot more fun than handling a big truck or SUV. It's a great feeling to fill up my tank and know it's going to last me the week! That alone is worth it.

The auxiliary jack. I have to be able to listen to my music library on my MP3 player wherever I go! It's a smooth ride. The look of the car is nice, and the color (Meteorite Metallic) is MUCH nicer than it appears on the Toyota website.

Just a slightly better sound system. I just wish it would be a little louder. It's adequate though, and it's an easy upgrade. Asking anything else, such as more power, is kind of beside the point. It comes with the territory with a small/cheap car like the Yaris. Thats how you get your MPG!

First compact car
By Chris

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The car is a real pleasure to drive. I drive 60+ miles a day and this car has performed well above my expectations. It accelerates well and has no problems at freeway speeds. A very solid car all around.

Fuel economy, storage, roominess, peppy power train, doors close solid with no rattle.

Tachometer, cruise control, power windows and locks could be standard as well as 4 wheel disk ABS.

I'm converted
By I M AWESOME

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I wanted the Rabbit as I have always had a GTI and couldn't afford the new ones. I mosey into the Toyota dealership and see the Yaris and wasn't convinced at first until I drove it. It's a little slow off the gun, but once you get into the mid-range, she has some go. It's the most fun car I've driven and it's more comfortable than the Mini. I got the convenience package which is good, but plan on getting all the TRD accessories. Gas mileage is great, which was my primary motivation for the car, but I never expected it to be so fun to drive. Got the Blazing Blue and plan on making it look like the commercial. Overall I am very pleased with my purchase and recommend it to anyone.

More room than I could ever dream of with so many storage compartments that are hide-away. There is so much room in the car you can easily fit 4 adults with no cramping or stuffing.

S model in the hatchback version and a possible TRD model.