Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 180 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Good choice
By dericy

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This was what I was looking for. Good looks, good mileage, Toyota is its name. The 1989 Civic hatchback almost made it to 300k and you will certainly hear about it if this doesn't. I got a great basic car. No radio, 14" wheels, roll up windows, exactly like I am used to. I threw in an aftermarket Pioneer 6900ub with direct usb link to the iPod and I have a great commuter, even for those times when I have to sit in Seattle area traffic.

What I miss: rear hatchback release cable, the rear seat (one piece) does not sit down flat, and I could use an extra inch or two in driver's seat legroom, but I'm getting used to it.

I love my Yaris too!
By Andy K.

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The Yaris Liftback is the first car I've owned (5th total) that I truly LOVE. It looks small, compact, and stylin' from the outside, yet it's literally HUGE on the inside. None of my passengers can believe how much room there is until they've sat in it. The steering is silky smooth and responsive, the engine is surprisingly good for something quite small, and the interior design is amazing. Toyota did an amazing job with this design. It's main use for me is city life/city driving (5 people fit no problem), but we've also taken it on road trips and it's been very nice (for 2 people) as the back seat folds down for a ton of added trunk space. I've been getting almost 40 mpg on the highway. A+ !

Thoughtful interior layout makes it easy to keep things tidy. Oodles of small compartments (3 glove boxes!). Smooth steering and turn radius. MP3 player aux jack (with perfect size partition for my cased-in iPod to sit in right next to it). SEVEN cup holders. Top notch air-conditioner that cools FAST.

Not quite used to the speedometer being in the center of the console (digital speed display would be helpful). Would be nice to be able to fold down just one of the backseats instead of both if more storage is needed but you still have back passengers. Back seat only accessible from passenger side.

A 2CV for the new millenium :-)
By Scott

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Yaris Liftback after selling a new 2007 VW Rabbit which was not a good fit for me. The Yaris is everything the Rabbit is not: fun, light, thrifty, nimble, and solidly built. I'm 50, and I grew up driving basic cars so the simple nature of the Yaris really appeals to me. Great visibility, light and intuitive controls, roomy (I'm 6'5" & 175 lbs), practical, and very frugal with fuel. So far, I'm a very happy new owner.

Very easy to service (oil/filter changes, and basic maintence is a snap), very good interior ergonomics and sight lines, cool interior and exterior design, Toyota quality.

Make a tach standard on the Liftback, add a bit more power to the stereo so I can hear my iPod better, and rethink the dangling seatbelt thingie in the back - otherwise I love it.

I Love My Sexy Yaris!!
By goldieee

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I drive the 3 door hatchback and it's the cutest little car ever, cuter than the Volkswagen buggy, Minicooper, etc. People always comment about how adorable my car is. I'm always happy at the pump because it only costs me about 30-35 dollars to fill up the tank, and it lasts about 1.5-2 weeks. It's roomy, comfortable, and reliable! :)

Fuel economy, exterior design, MP3 jack.

Acceleration, performance.

Great for zipping around town
By sharon devenney

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I might not want to go on a long trip in it, but it is great getting around town, especially when trying to avoid the interstates. Parking is a breeze anywhere downtown.

Turn radius.