Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 180 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Best sub-compact car on the market
By Joan

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We love our Yaris! It consistently gets between 37-42 mpg. It is comfortable on long trips and has plenty of zip going up and down hills and for passing. Both of us are tall and have plenty of space inside with the automatic transmission. Back-seat passengers are surprised with the comfort and leg room. With the hatchback, we're able to carry large items with no difficulty. Our Yaris is our favorite all-time car!

Design of car, storage and drink areas, space when back seat is down, exceptional gas mileage, instrument location.

Steering wheel position and adjustments.

Well worth the investment
By Kevin Sheldrick

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Yaris hatchback in April 07. Have put 7500 miles on it already. Have had four people in it comfortably. Love it. My wife cannot wait for the Toyota Ractis, a very similar car to the Yaris, to be offered in the U.S.

Cupholders and compartments.

A distinction between the daytime lights and the headlights. Forget about the headlights once in a while which causes no rear lights. Could also use a sunroof option.

Mini Yota
By cgh

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I like small cars and a hatchback is my favorite body style. Having done some online research and discovering that this vehicle had the same drive train as the Scion xA and xB and the same engine as the Prius, I was intrigued. I hunted one down online that was totally devoid of the overpriced options. Having previously owned a Geo Metro I was a bit apprehensive about the acceleration and hill climbing ability of an ultra high mileage car. I took it for a test drive and was I ever surprised! It accelerated and handled like a small sports car, while at the same time having an interior that was roomy with comfortable seats. It was a frugal sports car lovers dream. I bought it the next day.

This car has a very stiff undercarriage for a small car and also has amazingly precise electric power steering. The acceleration is very good if you know how to safely wind out a 5 speed. I'm getting about 35mpg around town with the ac on and almost 40 mpg on the open road with no ac on.

The windows are very noisy when rolled as much as half way down at highway speeds. It can be quite annoying if you do not have the sound system on. The fit between the hood and the front bumper should be narrowed for cosmetic reasons.

I love my Ladybug
By Manuela Inman

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I went to Germany to visit some relatives and they had a Yaris. I fell in love with it over there. When it came out over here I just had to have one. I love that it is roomy, and easy to handle. You can get in just about any parking space. It is very fuel efficient and good looking. People even stop and look.

Fuel economy, color and design.

Improvement on the stereo, so you can hear the iPod better, the sound is too low.

The Satisficer
By Mike

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

First, let's be clear. I'm a satisficer, not a maximizer. All cars are compromises, and this is expecially true at the lower end of the price spectrum. I'm 6'2" and, ahem, let's just say over 300 pounds at the present time. I can get in and out of this car with no problem. It runs like a charm, turns on a dime, the steering and braking are silky smooth and I've still got a quarter of a tank left with the odometer at 325+ miles, so I'm heading for 40+ mpg on the first tank. Yes, the seats could be better, maybe Toyota will fix them, maybe not. The cup holders are neat - you can send the air around them - or use the AC to cool your drink. Nothing's perfect, but the Yaris is awfully good.

Nice big doors, easy entrance/exit for tall people + excellent visibility when driving. Wonderful almost magical turning radius makes parking in crowded parking lots almost fun. Lots of places to stash assorted stuff. Handles speed humps with aplomb.

Shift lever difficult to set in dark, the seats indeed need a bit more thigh support or, at least with the power pack maybe Toyota could throw in a bottom angle adjustment on the drivers seat at least so taller drivers could get the front of the seat up under their thighs.