Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 180 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

charlielisha's Yaris
By charlielisha

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love the car! Very fun to drive. We used to drive a Chevy Aveo, since I test drove a Yaris I traded in the Aveo right away. The Yaris is more stable, quiet, more hp and very fun to drive. The best is its fuel efficiency (40MPG).

Very affordable, fuel efficiency and made in Japan!

Hoping they can make a four dr hatchback.

Great for the money
By kevin sheldrick

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent small car for back and forth to work and on trips . Great on gas. I get a lot of ribbing from co-workers but laugh all the way past the gas stations.

CD player.

Sun roof and an easier way to remember to turn the headlights on.

Awesome little car!
By Sean

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I did a lot of research on this car before buying, and love it! It is fun to drive around, cheap on gas, and with Toyota's name, I'm sure it will be very reliable. I get compliments on it everywhere I go.

The looks of it, and I really like how all of the gauges are in the center of the dash.

Wish I could get it in a hybrid model.

So Happy I Bought This Car!
By Toni

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Initially, I looked at the '05-'07 Toyota Corollas, but once I test drove the Yaris, I was impressed by the sporty and comfortable driving experience. In my search for this car, I read posts from other owners, and now I am happy to add my very favorable opinion on this car. The purchase of this car is one of my best spending decisions, and likely to be yours once you decide on the model (sport/standard), color and transmission (auto/manual). Overall, it was the multiple tests drives of this car that convinced me to buy a new Yaris instead of the used Corolla.

I absolutely love the driver's side glove box right above the steering wheel. No more stretching over to the passenger's side for a pen/paper, lipstick, lotion, etc. It's all right there within reach. The other thing I really like is the 60/40 split rear seat. This comes in the power pkg.

Console indicator about what gear car is in. I have the automatic and it would be helpful to know easily w/o looking down at the shifter. No big deal though. There is such an indicator in Sport model. Would be nice to have rear liftback door release from the inside like a trunk open mechanism.

Love it!
By Jess

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Had mine for 6 months, and it's a great car. Easy to drive, and sits high enough in the interior so I don't feel like I'm driving a small car. I've taken it on one long distance trip, and it was very comfortable for 4 people. I'm averaging about 33 MPG commuting in the city. Lots of fun to drive, and parking is a breeze. People constantly stop to check it out, and I've been surprised at the amount of cargo it can hold with the fold-down seats. I traded in my Camry for the Yaris, and don't regret it for a second. It's simply a fun little car!

Several people hate the cup holders, but I love them. The placement in front of the air vents actually keeps my drink cool! Might be a problem for coffee, though. The gas mileage and seat height are great, absorbs road bumps with ease. Lots of storage for such a small car.

Paint chips easily.