2013 Toyota Venza Consumer Review: 4 year update

2013 Toyota Venza - Consumer Review

Limited Wagon (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

21 of 182,188 people found this review helpful
4 year update
By tduke on

2013 Toyota Venza Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have racked up my 4th year ownership (64+K miles) on my 2013 Venza Limited with V-6 engine. This car continues to be a pleasure to own. It's practical for me living on my remote Texas ranch for most of my driving needs. I hate pickups and prefer sedans so this was a good compromise. The mileage could be better averaging around 22-23 MPG on regular fuel. There have been no maintenance issues other than one. Apparently Japanese manufacturers use "green" products under the hood that are derived from peanut oils and these attract rodents who will chew up your hoses, wires, etc. I caught this early before any severe damage was done (repairs cost about $300). I now use countermeasures like putting mothballs under the hood to keep out pests which seems to work for the most part. Otherwise I like the way this car drives and feel the V6 provides reasonable performance. The interior could be more luxurious and offer more features and some of the fit and finish is a bit off. The Infortainment system could be better and the screen's too small. Also the Nav system selects some truly bizarre routes at times which has me scrambling for my phone and Google Maps to bail me out. Bottom line, I'm pleased with my choice and am sad to see that Toyota has suspended production of this vehicle. What to get next in 2019?

• Outward visibility
  • Electronics
  • Purchase cost
  • Maintenance cost

Recommend (21) (182,167)

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review