Used 2010 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews - 108 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Venza

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

KITTY
By luvtoyota10

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I love my new 2010 toyota venza i got it at the end of sept. I does fantastically good in the snow without AWD. The ride is like an suv (bumpy). Its wider than the 2000 toyota 4runner (and alot more room). I love the interior quality. Everyone thinks that this car was like very expensive. mine was 30k. My cousin confused it with an infiniti. toyota did a
great job on this car. the gas mileage is great about 320 miles per tank. I have the panoramic roof and its wonderful. The engine has alot of power i go too fast too easily in this car.

The power, sunroof , bluetooth, smart key, XM radio, sterring wheel, seat quality, space. I love it all. the liftgate comes in handy too. The big wheels are flashy and i like it

Interior noise on the highway needs inprovement. very noisy in the rear seats also. and the bumpy ride.

Fantastic Vehicle!!!
By centurion68

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my Venza since 11/10 and I am thoroughly pleased and continue to be excited about my purchase. This is my second Toyota and I am elated. When it comes to styling and reliablilty, Toyota continues to create vehicles that keep the American manufacturers on their toes.

The power of the 2.7 liter four cylinder engine is fantastic. Styling is impecceble (I love when Traverse and Edge owners stare as they see my Venza. lol) But the most important feature that I love is the ergonomics of the vehicle. This very important and Toyota nailed it in the Venza.

No improvements needed.

Review after 10k miles
By brianluedke

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I tested a lot of vehicles before leasing the Venza.
Equinox had a rough acceleration it pulled to the right also had clumbsy dash board, cheap Navi plastic cover, Ford Edge got worse mpg's, Crosstour had a spoiler going through the back window(aka Aztek), Buick Lacrosse looked great, but hit head trying to enter the vehicle, tight seat, couldn't see over steering wheel without raising seat really high and had my head scratching the roof.

I tried a lot of vehicles and Venza proved the best fit, mpg's and price with options.
Wouldn't change the vehicle other than a few minor changes listed in consrunning through the rear window (Aztek),

Navi system works well, acceleration and passing, AWD works great in the snow! We take the Venza and leave the mini van at home when snowing.

Heated steering wheel, heated backside of the seat, not just the bottom. Ride could be a little more smooth on bumpy pavement.

Less appealing as the miles add up
By watervalley88

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have had ours over a year now and 34,000 m. The first 20,000 miles were great, but lately lots of problems both major and minor have croped up. This cuv has many rattles inside, one required the removal of the windshield, dash assembly, and centre console to fix! now we just notice the other ticks, and creeks inside. The rear struts have been replaced twice now and the sub assembly re-shimed. the steering seems to wander, Toyota said this is the E-assist and is not adjustable. The interior materials are wearing VERY quickly and are of low quality. Currently it is on day 16 at the shop waiting for a new transmission, Common on this model they say. this is the E-assist and is non adjstable

I love the styling, a great looking vehicle in and out, it feels solid and safe, all the luxury features are nice. Overall a very nice vehicle and easy to see why they are selling well, i just wish the nice would last more than 30k, i'm not the only one waiting in the Toyota service lounge that had higher expectations for their Venza, i have talked to many!

Bring back the old Toyota quality! Get rid of the Hill assist, stand behind the product not just call most problems "normal", higher quality materials inside.

Review after 10k miles
By brianluedke

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I reviewed this vehicle after I purchased it.
I'm now going over it again after 10k miles.

It runs great.
The AWD is awsome in the snow.
Can't even tell it kicks in, but there is very little slipping during acceleration.

Summer mpg's were 22-23, winter is more in the 20-21 mpg's, closer to 20.
Still very good for AWD.

No major problems or complaints.
Could use a heated backside of the seat and heated steering wheel, but other than that its great.

I tested a lot of vehicles before leasing this one.
The Venza had a lot more to offer and drives much nicer.
It turns through cornors with ease and accelerates very quickly.

The exterior looks set it apart from the rest.

USB port, AWD, Nav system. The children love riding in the back even with 3 of them. Plently of space for them.

Not having just a heated seat, but also a heated back. Heated steering wheel would be helpful in the winter.