Used 2010 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews - 108 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Venza

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

5,000 mile review
By wollace1

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car in December of 2010 and now have about 5,000 miles on it.
My wife wanted it mainly to haul her dogs and for trips back and forth to the cabin.
For both purposes it is a good car; lots of cargo capacity (as much as an Outback), nice hatch opening and the seats lay flat (unlike the new Chevy Equinox).
For dirt roads and bad weather the AWD is great, plus the car has the clearance of an SUV without the sub-20 mpg.
On average, we get about 23.5 mpg in mixed driving.
Oddly, it never gets over 24 on the highway, but we've only owned it in colder months and with lots of ethanol in the gasoline.
The seats are comfortable, it handles great, looks great and is powerful

Looks, AWD, power, handling, seats, cargo capacity, clearance, snow driving, not an SUV, not too bad on gas for what it is, ride is a little stiff but fine, lots of legroom front and rear

Toyota seriously needs to reconsider how they are designing interiors. The car has 10 ill fitting panels that make up the dashboard. They just make you want to take out a screwdriver to see what is underneath. Same was true of 10 others I looked at on the lot. Poor interior lighting in the back, tough to remove floormats (guess why), slightly inconvenient dash layout, the seat frame metal sticks out like it belongs on a backhoe. If you like hard plastic, you are a Toyota person.

8k mile update on Kitty
By luvtoyota10

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

My Venza is the best car i have ever owned. It is very reliable. I love the blizzard pearl color. It performed well in the snow. I never slipped. The interior is soo roomy. Very comfortable also. I love driving it. I have had no problems with the car. But the gas mileage is not great I avarage 22.7 mpg and i think city on the sticker is about 25 mpg but besides that. It is a beautiful car.

Smart Key, Bluetooth, panoramic sunroof, convineint things like cupholders. Interior room.

Ive never thought the ride would annoy me but it is kind of. Its bouncy becuase of the 19" wheels.

Was good for the first while.....
By mountainhiker

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Such an easy vehicle to fall in love with at first, but the longer i own it the more problems its having. This car is a rattlebox..plain and simple, after 40k miles i've just learned to accept it...Toyota can't fix this, last time they removed the dashboard and windshield to replace the dash support, i think i just hear more rattles now. It's on its third battery, i've had more jumpstarts owning this for 2yrs than in my 22yrs of driving. Had a problem with the A/C pump this WINTER! It siezed up apperently for no reason. Now i'm starting to feel the transmission starting to do some strange things....Oh my

Very good looking car in and out. Feels very competent on the road. Loads of features.

My cousin in law is a service manager at a Toyota Dealer (far from where i live) He said the later models are having much higher than average warranty claims, i hope Toyota fixes their problems. My first new car was a Celica coupe that was anvil tough. The Venza is a very well thought out vehicle and i was very happy for the first 30k miles or so, reminds me of what a domestic car was like 20yrs ago...Great ride at first, but falling apart as it ages.

A Pleasant Surprize
By bbrimmer

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I was looking for an AWD vehicle to replace the FWD Toyota Camry Hybrid (great car). the winter travel in New England has become too tough without AWD. I searched hard and had considered Volvo, Lexus and BMW crossovers.
The Venza won hands down with all the features of the competition and a price tag of $10-12K less. Personally, I have always had good luck with Toyota. The Venza is very comfortable and drives like a car. My only question had been whether to get the 4 or 6 cylinder. Better gas mileage won out (after all I was driving a hybrid) and I am not disappointed with the amount of zip the 4 cylinder has.

Rear security camera, heated seats, well-designed interior, comfortable leather seats, water bottle holders in doors, smooth ride, great xm standard radio

Do the tires need to be 19 inches?

Luxury feel with great value
By scenic26

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After purchasing my 10 Venza V-6 base, I read several comments and reviews trashing winter driving. I have since experienced one of the worst winters in the NY area, and had more than 35 inches of snow in three weeks. I have to say that my Venza handled it with ease. I mean NO PROBLEMS AT ALL. I felt confident, and the Venza went through it all with ease on local streets and highways back and forth to work. Great styling, comfy ride, although a bit hard and noisy when going over imperfections on the road because of the low profile tires. I feel good driving such a stylish car, at such a reasonable price. I enjoy driving it as much as my mercedes benz.

Styling, center console design, roominess, auto close hatchback,

Better fit and finish of speaker covers on top of dash. Lack of license plate front bracket.