2009 Toyota Venza Consumer Review: 2009 Toyota Venza Issues after

2009 Toyota Venza - Consumer Review

Base Wagon (3.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

2009 Toyota Venza Issues after 3 years
By skyke101 on

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Toyota Venza in '11 with 32K miles on it....
It's a fully loaded V6 AWD, everything except the DVD screen. I wrote a review a couple years ago, here is the updated version...

The drive is great, power and get up-n-go are awesome. Gas mileage is not the greatest, about 20-21mpg mostly city driving, but it's got almost as much room as a much larger SUV. Love the 20 inch wheels, hate buying tires for them. $1600 for 4 Michelins.

Have replaced the sun visors twice now on the driver side and once on the passenger side. I've read that I'm not the only one that has problems with the sun visors. The road noise is terrible at speeds above 50m mph. It sounds as if I'm driving with a window open.
I've since traded it in (Dec 30th, 2015) on a $51,000 2015 Toyota Highlander LTD platinum AWD. They have the same engine, but the Venza definitely had much more get up n go. Even thought I ordered the best stereo I could possibly get for the Highlander, the 13 speaker JBL Synthesis stereo that was in the Venza sounded much better, had alot more ooomph! The Toyota Highlander has the same issue with road noise, sounds like I'm driving with a window open, must just be an issue with Toyota engineering. Of course the dealership said that is just the way it sounds. The dealer also only offered me $9500 for a trade in on my 2009 Venza. I sold it on Craigslist for the Blue Book value, which was $14,400 (95,000 miles). It sold in two days, and the 1st person that looked at it had cash.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review