Used 2009 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews - 220 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Venza

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

Venza 2,7 L
By ABEMAN

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

We have the Venza about 6 months and now has about 6,000 miles. We got a great price at the dealership. Rare Tropical Blue color makes the car look beautiful and luxurious. Very pleased with the roominess of the interior and the back seat. The drive and handling. The car is very dependable with no problems up to the first oil change. Toyota put a lot of thought into the design. Even at a base model there a lot of features which are standard. More than enough for the casual driver. The longer, I sit in the vehicle the more uncomfortable the seat. I think in time I will put Leather Seats in this car. I plan on keeping for a long time.

Many people compliment me. Thinking it looks like a Lexus SUV. Interior room, hatch, exterior styling and handling are all great. The car rides very firm and handling is crisp. The ride is overall smooth and feels safe. Cornering is very nice. I like the three button blue tooth for remotes.

Seats are not that comfortable for long periods of driving. The stereo speakers are disappointing in sound quality. My 2001 Camry has better sound quality speakers. TIRES ARE VERY Expensive and are a special order. It will cost $800 for the Four 19 inch wheels.

Dark Horse and/or Sleeping Beauty!
By annie

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Handling is great, responds well, delightful to drive country roads and highways. Long 8 hour trip, no back issues which normally can be a problem for me. Roomy and well designed interior makes everything easily reached, interior space design is roomier than one would imagine allowing for easy storage and access. Gas mileage is better than rated for which is nice surprise. I couldn't be happier with my choice..it has turned out to be MORE positive than anticipated! A real gem of a car yet to be discovered.

Roomy interior; well designed inside and out; driving a REAL pleasure!

Great Car but strange Cruise Control
By First-Time Toyota Bu

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Overall, this has been a good car. Biggest surprise (and disappointment) was that Cruise Control does not slow car down when set. It only controls speed going uphill and on flat roads. It should not be called Cruise Control, but "Up Hill Flat Road" control. Car accelerates going downhill, increase of speed contingent on slope. I took it to Dealer and they said that's the way Cruise Control works on this car. This makes Cruise Control on long trips worthless. I've previously driven German cars and never had this issue.

Body style, intelligently designed cockpit.

Cruise Control is worthless, as it doesn't slow car down when going down a gently sloping road. It only controls speed on up-hill & flat roads.

Great vehicle
By GRP

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I are seniors and find our Venza a great car/wagon/etc. It's the golden umber mica paint and we get many compliments of it's look. The drivers seat is not especially comfortable and I see in other reviews that is a common complaint. As the main driver I find it necessary to get out and stretch in an hour or two. Hard on the butt. Ours is not leather, but leather look and affords easy access and egress. Mileage - Overall since new - 27.45 MPG Best mileage -on a trip 37 mpg Worst mileage -in winter "09" 17 mpg

We love the rich interior of the car and the fact that all parts fit nicely. It's a pleasure to drive.

Make the seats more comfortable - softer.

Eye catcher
By Stan

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased car used with 8400 miles, just turned 12,000. We love our Venza! So classy and fun to drive. Lots of power with the V-6. Really good gas mileage 19/26. Ride is more sporty than the Lexus, but still comfortable enough for us. The Michelins do make a difference. We decided on the Venza vs another RX Lexus which we loved. Price was a strong consideration. We trust Toyota and think they are getting bad press. It's a keeper for us. A good looking SUV/crossover.

Love the power and good fuel economy. The sun roof and large glass panel makes the car that much more roomy feeling inside. The push button start and automatic hatch is wonderful!

seat extensions as in the BMW's for those of us who are taller! More luxurious leather; front end is a little too much Camryish!