Used 2009 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews - 220 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Venza

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

9-Plus Car
By skahikin

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

In 13K miles (12K in Houston commute traffic), the 4-cylinder is more than adequate and a fuel saver (27 MPG) from crawl speed to aggressive speeds (5 - 75 mph) in my 9 month ownership. Adjusting to a slower pedal response, it is quite maneuverable with good pickup. As others state, the seats are too sparse for rides above 2-3 hours. Additionally, the ride is less comfortable with Bridgestone Dueler tires. Fortunately, Toyo came out this Spring with Versado CUVs to save those of us with 19" tires with reviews that state the ride is improved with Toyos. Unfortunately, the dashboard glove compartment area is now producing an irritating rattle due either to inadequate fit or sun warping.

Competent 4-cylinder engine, drivability, fuel economy, easy entry and exit, roominess, cargo space,dual air conditioning, keyless entry and starter.

Improve the seat cushioning; change low rated Bridgestones to Toyos (for 19" tires); better fit and materials for dashboard materials.

Bad venza
By jim

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I have steering problems with 09 venza Toyota can not repair and I have been told tough! I was told to keep calling the dealer back monthly and if they eventually get the parts they will address it at that time. Toyota has cheated me just like thousands of others. Do not buy Toyota venza unless you want to get cheated.

None

The factory needs to be able to repair defects at this time they do not. I have no clue when the steering will be repaired if ever. It's getting worse all the time

The Venza
By cec horlick

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Overall I really like this car. Its very roomy and rides fairly well. I haven't had any major problems with it in the first year of ownership. I was surprised with the amount of exterior noise from wind and engine. I have a bronze venza and it looks very nice in the sun. Good job with the color options Toyota

Sunroof, style, it rides great, backup camera, nice colors, awd

should be a much more quiet,better sound system,

New Comfort
By Driver

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Bought my '09 Venza 6 weeks ago and have driven it 1550 miles. No trips yet but averaging 24.5 mpg. I have a light foot. My wife is trying to talk me out of it. We both love it. It's dark gray metallic and loaded. I'm a senior with back and neck issues and wanted a vehicle easy to enter and exit. This is it because of its height, and mine. I slip in and out without having to drop down or step up and don't hit my head on the way in. Perfect! The bells and whistles are great as is the leather. Others on my list were Murano, Santa Fe, Edge, GMC Terrain, and used Lexus.

Overall quality and size, MPG, back-up camera, HID headlights, Blue Tooth and Navigation. JBL sound is great with CDs. Did I mention that the rear seats recline "a la Avalon"? Sweet!

A little softer suspension, that's all.

We Love Our Venza
By John & Luanne

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle is Great! Love the looks, features, ride, and versatility. We bought the V6 and love the power vs gas mileage. We averaged 22 mpg over the first 7k. The dealership has been a pleasure from the start. "Great Deal"! Very roomy and comfortable interior. The leather is a great option. We use the power tailgate much more than I imagined. Keyless option also a must, we love it! The only complaint we have is the very slow to move front power seat. I am 6', and my wife 5'. Much adjustment necessary when we switch. Memory seats would really help! We looked at other crossovers, and we still believe the Venza is without a doubt the best looking, and best value in its class.

The well thought-out plan for the Venza buyer. Looks great, fun to drive, sporty, comfortable and a great value. Great job Toyota!

Please include memory seats. It takes forever to re-adjust the front power drivers seat. A huge concern when drivers are so different in height.