Used 2009 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews - 220 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Venza

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

Just what I wanted and needed
By Joel

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is perfect for what I was looking for – got rid of my two door sports car and getting ready to start a family. The room of an SUV with the driving characteristics of a sedan. One thing that was important for me was that my wife would be as comfortable driving the vehicle as I was. And she loves driving the Venza, when she’s able to wrestle the keys away from me. We were sold on the V6 with AWD, and we got all the options that the Venza came with and wonder how we ever got along without them. I like that this car drinks regular fuel and I get around 26mpg on the highway and 21mpg around town. Owned the car for over 3 months and still look for excuses to drive it. No regrets.

Voice command Nav with JBL, XM, backup camera, keyless entry and start, power lift gate, panoramic roof, front storage, rear seat legroom, V6 power on tap, and regular gas. I think the Venza is stylish and interior was thoughtfully laid out.

Memory for power seats. The steering and brakes take some getting used to. The 17gal tank is small for the V6. The interior fitment needs to be better, although you’ll probably will not notice it until you get home and start scrutinizing the interior. Road noise through doors at highway speed.

My 2nd Toyota
By OwnTwoToyotas

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

The Venza caught my eye at an airshow and I had to have it. I decided on the 4 cyl model due to cost and economy. I'm not impressed with only 21 mpg and it gets worse when I drive a little harder. I don't like when the trans disengages during engine idle. Quick starts, but the engine needs a moment to wind up when accelerating or passing. The steering is very responsive, but seems to float a little when driving a straight path. The suspension is firm; I can feel the bumps and waves in the road. I did discover small circular scratch marks on the roof shortly after leaving the dealership; it has not been properly fixed.

Interior/exterior looks. Many features standard. Comfort and roominess. Fit and finish. Extra storage with the rear seats folded down.

Read my review. Toyota should offer, at no cost, an extended warranty on new model releases; owners of new models are going to get stuck with problems when the warranty expires.

Awesome car!
By mama

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I absolutely love this car. I went from a 2005 camry to a 2007 camry to this 2009 venza and there are no words for this car. Pure luxury. Leather seats are well made, dust does not stick to the dash as most cars do. The rear hatch door with a push of a button opens and closes. SAT radio, seat warmers and just so many options that came with it.

My ultimate favorite feature is the automatic hatch, so easy and locks itself, i also like that the back seats can lean back or go flat forward. And when there is bad weather you feel the tires grip the road with the AWD traction.

can not think of one! just a wonderful car that i will keep forever till it dies!

Great Value Performance Comfort
By Oscar

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We researched the purchase of our next car for 7 months. Choice was narrowed down to the Honda Crosstour, Ford Edge, Murano, Lexus RX350 and the Venza. The Venza won out for performance,Design,Comfort, and Toyota Quality. The V6 has more power than anyone would need in normal driving. I have a bad back and getting in and out of Venza by far was the most comfort. Looks ahead of it time with 20 inch tires. All in all just a great car for the $$$$$

V6 20 Inch Wheels Interior Design Exterior Design Looks good driving down the road.

The Goodyear Tires Eagle RS are good for taking curves but have a lot of road noise.Rode in one with Michelin and rode noise was gone

Very good all-around car
By andjer200

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

In addition to being very stylish, the Venza has more than enough space for my family of 4. The fuel economy is impressive considering the size of the engine and the car. I calculate my mpg manually at each fill-up, and i normally get 21-22 mpg doing an almost even mix of city and highway. I recently drove down to Pennsylvania , a 400 mile trip one way, and i got a calculated fuel usage of 28 mpg. This was with the A/C on auto at 78 degrees, 2 adults and 2 kids, plus luggage. On the return trip i got 26 mpg because we did some city driving in NJ and NY. This is a very versatile vehicle - perfect for a small family.

Fuel economy; space; car-like feel; interior and exterior design.

Fit and finish of interior dash; backup sensors; memory driver seat.