Used 2009 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews - 220 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Venza

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

2009 Toyota Venza Issues after 3 years
By skyke101

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Toyota Venza in '11 with 32K miles on it....
It's a fully loaded V6 AWD, everything except the DVD screen. I wrote a review a couple years ago, here is the updated version...

The drive is great, power and get up-n-go are awesome. Gas mileage is not the greatest, about 20-21mpg mostly city driving, but it's got almost as much room as a much larger SUV. Love the 20 inch wheels, hate buying tires for them. $1600 for 4 Michelins.

Have replaced the sun visors twice now on the driver side and once on the passenger side. I've read that I'm not the only one that has problems with the sun visors. The road noise is terrible at speeds above 50m mph. It sounds as if I'm driving with a window open.
I've since traded it in (Dec 30th, 2015) on a $51,000 2015 Toyota Highlander LTD platinum AWD. They have the same engine, but the Venza definitely had much more get up n go. Even thought I ordered the best stereo I could possibly get for the Highlander, the 13 speaker JBL Synthesis stereo that was in the Venza sounded much better, had alot more ooomph! The Toyota Highlander has the same issue with road noise, sounds like I'm driving with a window open, must just be an issue with Toyota engineering. Of course the dealership said that is just the way it sounds. The dealer also only offered me $9500 for a trade in on my 2009 Venza. I sold it on Craigslist for the Blue Book value, which was $14,400 (95,000 miles). It sold in two days, and the 1st person that looked at it had cash.

Absolutely Fabulous Vehicle
By terremarie

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

We drove from Akron, OH to Rochester, NY to purchase this car, and we haven't looked back ! 26,000 miles and the ride is very comfortable. It handles like a car, and you've got the SUV space. Gas mileage is 26 in town and 30 on the highway. All the luxury of the Lexus for thousands less. My husband is 6.1 and he's very comfortable in the driver and passenger seats. The 4 cyl engine has plenty of power and the transmission is smooth. We plan to keep this car well over 100k miles. The only problem we have is who gets to drive it!

smooth ride, luxury feel air conditioning very cold separate temp controls

a sunroof as a standard option

Love my Venza!!
By lal_clt

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2009 FWD 6-Cyl Venza in May, 2009. I now have 81,000+ miles on it and have only had one minor problem in the last 4.5 years! It is the best car I have ever owned and I love everything about it. I think it's the best kept secret on the market. I recently bought a vacation condo near the beach and was able to transport all of my odds and ends - chairs, headboard, kitchen table, etc in my car at various times because there is so much cargo room. I'll probable replace my car at the end of 2014 and it will be another Venza!

Favorite features - power liftgate, smart key, cargo room, just the right height for easy entrance and egress, 20" wheels, storage console, heated seats, climate control, 6 cyl engine.

The rubber floor mats wore out pretty quickly but I replaced them with Weather-Tech; the information screen is pretty small in the 2009 but that's been rectified in the newer models; wind noise seems to be an issue in many cars these days, including the Venza at high speeds.

sorry I purchased this car
By merrel

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

27,000 miles, 4 years old, steering column shot and very noisy. Toyota was $1750 to replace this. My next Toyota will be a Honda.

Venza almost a crossover
By jerrylee1

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this vehicle for 10k now, and
it is pretty comfortable
... it is, as expected, of Toyota quality...AWD functions very well.... but it fails on several styling fronts.
MPG is as advertised around 22 mixed.

This could have been a more satisfying automobile with better acoustics (more quiet) and a more engaging dash and information center.
This is a car designed by a van/truck guy... should have assigned it to a car guy with free reign to get creative.
BTW.. Toyota has possibly the worst navigation systems... very limited coverage, expensive and awkward to update...use your phone.