Used 2009 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews - 220 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Venza

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

Head turner called Venza
By Chris

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Road noise is more than excessive, computerized fuel consumption display is inaccurate, remote starter limiting engine run for only 5 minutes is senseless: warming up cooling down the car interior requires more than 5 minutes, distance for remote starter is another brainless design: maximum distance to use remote is only 80 feet. Despite all this my black shiny Venza is still great had turner.

Bluetooth connection, keyless engine start button, auto high beam head light, good JBL audio system, double sunroof, responsive engine with good acceleration.

Would be nice to have memory seat for two drivers, heated back seats, eliminate road noise at highway speed, suspension is too stiff absorb even small potholes and bumps.

An Update
By santa3

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Update at nearly 1 year and 15,000 miles: Still like the Venza but have noted that while not perfect this car still is unique and we like it. Positive comments & questions in parking lots. Had to have windshield replaced due to a stone - took the red truck guys 3 tries to get the right one. Apparently 2 different shapes, depending on options, plus heated/not heated. Hard to spot the wires under the wipers. 3 tries was a charm. Still prefer our '81 Subaru 5 speed manual for snow - seems to leap onto the snow rather than plow through it. Did get used to downshifting with an automatic. Still dislike rim design and how they accumulate snow and ice causing the vehicle to shake at higher speeds.

Passenger, driver and luggage space, sitting higher than a sedan, ease of entry, dual hvac, get-up-and-go.

Rear seat warmers, auto high beams set point at 10mph rather than 20mph, weight control on passenger seat (need to buckle the belt when have a bag of groceries on the seat), lower profile front headrests (currently limits rear passenger views), bigger field of vision on interior rearview mirror.

Looks cheap and feels cheap
By Anjali

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

At barely 6 months this vehicle has started to fall apart. Rattles from the air vents and door panel. The ride is awful, feel like I am riding a truck, and the steering feels "spongy". Looks like this was designed by a "cheap" engineer, instead of a chief engineer. With this poorly executed car/van, Toyota has proven that they have a lot of work to do before they can catch up to the quality, at least of ride quality and fit and finish, of rapidly improving Korean cars.

One good thing I can say about this car is that the engine runs smooth.

Power steering, fit and finish, interior materials. Overall design.

Love my new VENZA!!!
By Dorie

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We had to replace my 2006 Toyota Sienna that was totaled in a car accident. I didn't really need another van as my children are grown up, but enjoyed the feel of being higher up that a van provided. The Venza was a great compromise between a low car and another van. I love the way it drives and the interior is so roomy!! While gas mileage will not be as good as a 4-cylinder, it is actually a little bit better than my 3.3L V-6 Sienna. I absolutely love the center console and all the room it provides. I really miss having memory seats, turn signal indicators on the side mirrors, and auto-dimming side mirrors as well. Overall, I am very pleased with my new purchase!!

Center console, sporty look, and roomy interior.

Memory seats and auto dimming outside mirrors.

Disappointed first time Toyota owner
By Disappointed Owner

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

When I first saw the Venza I just had to have one, I really like the look of it. I've had it not quite 3 months and am very disappointed, I have loud wind noise that drives me absolutely crazy. I work around a lot of noise so when I get in I don't like to have to have the radio on, but it's the only thing that will drown out the noise. I've taken to the dealer three times and their best response is, all we can tell after driving yours and another new one on the lot, the wind noise is inherent to the Venza, to me this is unacceptable in a brand new vehicle. And here I thought I was spoiling myself by buying it. After yrs of owning a Honda, I bought this. Big message, going back to a Honda.

xm radio

definitely wind noise that is supposedly coming from the rearview mirrors (what I've been told anyways), more comfortable seating