Used 2009 Toyota Venza Wagon Consumer Reviews - 220 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

Jekyll and Hyde Impression
By R.Carr

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

My initial impression and test drives with the '09 Venza were great. But 2-1/2 months and 13,000 later... I wish I could take it back! A lack-luster 23.5 mpg average and 90% of that is Highway and non-aggressive driving techniques. The driver's seating and placement is extremely uncomfortable after only an hour or two of driving (makes me wish I had my Honda Odyssey back). Road Noise at Highway speeds is excessive! You cannot drive with just one hand or the steering starts shaking (maybe the 19" wheels?). Hit a medium-sized dog at 50mph... the front-end fell apart. $3,200 damage!!! Love the Style and Looks of the car, but all other aspects remind of a Yugo.

Styling and rear-passenger room.

Where to start...maybe start over.

Just what I wanted
By Fla granny

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Saw, researched then traded a 2005 Nissan Murano and love it! Looks great, drives well, responds quickly & takes regular gas. My first Toyota - a good choice.

How it looks!

Leather interior could be a little more luxurious and richer colors.

We like!!!
By Lynn Church

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Wife's car--had a Honda Civic Sport that was too small for me and she wouldn't drive my Jag. This car drives like the Jag and she is comfortable with it. We took it south, brand new -- put on 5000km's, was impressed with performance--power and handling-- mileage was good. Unique good looks in and out. We think it is the right unit for our needs--we don't have wind noise!

Like the roofs--back-up camera--sound system--bells and whistles.

The dash could use a little refinement.

Very satisfied Venza owner
By Jose A. Cabiya

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was looking for a smaller SUV (owned a Ford Explorer), and was also concerned about rising gas prices. The Venza has met all my expectations. I feel that this vehicle is at the forefront of car technology. Superb acceleration and brakes. Drive feels very good, despite what reviews say. Own a copper-colored version: I've had people stop me at gas stations to ask me about the car, and to congratulate me, specially about the color. I feel proud driving this car. Love my 20-inch tires, even though they say they affect the ride and are costly, but they do make the car look good! Passengers express how comfortable this car is. Not a single technical problem so far. Got 30 mpg in highway.

Color, looks, acceleration, ride, brakes, comfort, lights, interiors. Regret did not go for leather seats and better stereo.

Window in back should open instead of needing to raise the back door every time. Too much cheap plastic in console and side doors. Rear view is impaired and reverse driving is challenging.

Not for the Road Warrior
By DustyNC

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I really thought I liked this car when I test drove it. But after 2 months and 12,000 miles, I'm very disappointed! I'm just under six-foot tall and weigh in at about 215lbs. So...I'm not a little guy, but there are certainly many that are bigger. The biggest fault is the driver's seat. Very uncomfortable! I average about 350 miles per day, or six hours of driving time. In two months time, I find myself needing a doctor's visit. The back of my legs ache terribly after driving this car! I have tried every adjustment possible but cannot get the seat to where it is not causing discomfort and probably restricting blood circulation. DO NOT BUY this CAR if you drive a lot!

None now...too unhappy with the comfort factor to find good things about the car!

Seating profile is way too low and the build quality of the driver's seat needs to be looked at.