Used 2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Last truck you ever putchased
By Ryan Watry

2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This beast will get you whenever you are going safely. Haual anything, anywhere, reliably withouth the Ford/Chevy/Dodge BS issues you will almost certainly experience. I have regularly hauled 10000 lbs + loads through mountainous terrain, 90 degree + temps and the Tundra never blinks. I was a Chevy guy for years, but will never turn back. Toyota allrheway baby!!! Doesn't burn a drop of oil, and looks as fresh as original after 5K of heavy use.

Don't buy
By Brent Munck

2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Issues with a 2014 Tundra: replaced door locks 13 times ( actuator coating kept melting, asked dealer to look further into the cause; they refused and Toyota wouldn't back me up), throttle bottle failed, ECU had to be reprogrammed 3 times (each time putting the truck into limp mode until reprogrammed), transfer case was stuck in 4x4 for periods of time until brought to dealer, trim on top of truck flew off while driving down the highway, and windows frequently wouldn't work after dealer worked on door locks. Issues with dealer and Toyota: faulty work frequently by dealer, Toyota and dealer customer service refused to look further into issues with truck and were unpleasant to deal with, Toyota Care provided by dealer wasn't done correctly or up to Toyota standards (had to bring Toyota into the conversation for them to do a service that I purchased), both dealer and Toyota refused to make situation right when I offered to purchase another new truck from them (Toyota offered me a $500 rebate for the issues I was having, which was more of an insult than anything).

Great truck
By Gary Woodford

2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I would recommend this to truck to anyone. It is simply great from every perspective. Did have leaking left front shock at 40,000 miles. Toyota covered cost as customer good will. Out of warranty in miles but not time.

2014 Tundra LTD
By Mick NO

2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

So far out performs any GM I have had in 30yrs. Haven't towed with it yet but expect it to do much better than my GM.
So after a year I've updated my review. Overall very satisfied. 4x4 is light years ahead of any GM I've owned, just grips the road, you have total control and really have to make an effort to lose control! Carpet is kinda cheap, but I covered them with high quality liners. Towing is outstanding, effortless.. Turning radius is very good for full size truck! Fuel econmy is about the same as my 04 Silverado, not great. Part of that is I put LT truck tires on it and another is what almost seems like "engine breaking". Doing 80mph or 30mph, when you let off the throttle the truck starts to slow down. Doesn't coast!! Good for breaks, bad for fuel economy. Leather is very good quality, seats are kinda firm. Good back support on the drivers side.

Best overall value - period
By jakesta

2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The Tundra is nothing special. Unless value and reliability are what matter to you the most. I was a "die-hard" F-150 guy until I purchased my 2014 Tundra. My Tundra averages about 16.2 mpg, it rides like a truck (kind of a big heavy feel), is extremely reliable and has every available option which is all I really need. Brakes are better than average - maybe the best, towing car trailers is a treat and driving around in heavy traffic is easy with little or no blind spots. A few things I don't like are: the windshield glass is cheap (easily chipped), the rear seat does not recline on the 2014, hardly any storage space, JBL sound system could be better. The things I love are: the rear power glass window (goes all the way down), the power adjustable headlights (perfect if you are towing), acceleration, brakes, reliability, cabin noise, exterior looks, great in the snow etc... I really love the Tundra - its a great Truck! I changed to a one size over (1 inch taller ) tire and love the ride even more.