Used 2010 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Tundra

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Better than competition
By Mat Leopard

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab LB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I upgraded from a Toyota Tacoma 4.0 V6 to the Tundra 4.6 V8. I got the 4.6 Liter because it was closer to the V6 as far as gas mileage and I wouldn't be sacrificing a lot. The 4.6 L is rated for 15 mpg around town and I am averaging 17 mpg around town. I had to retrain myself how to accelerate and be aware of how I'm driving, but it has made all the difference! Value for dollar, I would pass on the Tacoma any day and go for the Tundra.

The interior features have doubled from having my Tacoma. I love the steering wheel controls, blue tooth, manual adjustable headlights, and all the storage options.

I would like to have turn arrows on the mirrors and auto folding mirrors to be standard equipment with the SR5 package, rather than the Limited.

Love the durability
By kevin

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have read all the reviews and see where everybody seems to be averaging 15+ MPG on their 5.7. I would love to know what they are doing because my display has topped out at a whopping 13.5 MPG. Is there a secret? I plan on purchasing a cat-back exhaust and air filter system in the future to up my performance and mileage. No regret. Seats family of 5 very comfortably. Got a good deal and hopefully will see this truck through to the end.

Leather seating is very comfortably in either front or rear. Slide down rear window is great. Rides smoothly and quietly. Power is there when you need it.

Radio controls take some getting used to and not much fun. Would have loved a standard mount compass in addition to others standard displays.

Tow in Comfort
By DJ

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We recently bought a 10' double cab SR5 TRD with the 5.7. LOVE IT! We tow a 4-ATV trailer with it and you honestly don't even know the trailer is behind you. This truck has ridiculous power and I've yet to even floor it. Extremely comfortable for long trips even while towing. You sit up high and have great visibility. Gauges are a little hard to read in certain light. Love the interior though. We are really impressed with this truck, Toyota got it right. Whenever I see an F-150 I think "I could smoke you". Only gets a few miles to gallon less than my old 4Runner - if you want good gas mileage people buy a car, this is a 381hp towing beast!

Power, power power. Interior design, exterior design, comfort, reliability

Gauges, nothing really this truck is well designed well built

Great truck
By rhellams

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have been driving 2,000 miles a month with my Tundra. Averaging 18.5 mpg and couldn't have asked for better performance. Truck has been great!

Deck rail system, build quality, 6 speed transmission.

Can be a little difficult to see out of. As with any truck, there are a few blind spots, but this has been corrected with a small mirror addition on the side mirrors.

2010 Tundra Crewmax 2wd 5.7ltr TRD SR5
By wes

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

So far (1000 miles) this truck has not disappointed. My first tank of gas I averaged 16.5 mpg with mostly highway driving, the second tank the truck got 15.4 mpg with mostly city driving. It is a big truck with a big v8 so one shouldn't expect 25 mpg and be upset when they do not get that. I love the rear doors opening at nearly 90* to the truck as it makes it easy to get in and out putting my daughter in her car seat. The tailgate assist shocks are a nice touch. The truck is a nice tame vehicle when driving normal but has plenty of power on tap when you mash the go pedal. Trans shifts really smooth. I am 6,4 and with the front seat set for my driving I have plenty of room in the rear seat.

Bluetooth, center console shift, rear window rolling down, leg room, lots of storage, seat comfort, headlight brightness, auto/manual shift, Smooth ride, Looks

Add a compass to the information center on the dash with the clock & temp. Buttons on the steering wheel to control the heat/air. Tire pressure monitoring system (do away with it or improve sensors accuracy)