Used 2008 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews - 172 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Tundra

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Way Overrated
By David

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first and last Toyota truck. GMC has forgotten more about trucks than Toyota knows.

It is roomy inside.

Find out who designed the oil filter and fire him. It was obviously designed to make you return to the dealer for your oil changes. Put the transmission dip stick back in -- it bother's me not being able to check the fluid level.

Next truck will be another Tundra
By bassman

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Just turned 10,000 miles and I am just as pleased with this truck as the day I picked it up. Had taken it in for the gas pedal recall and also had the radio replaced. Other then that, this is the best truck I've ever owned. After 3 Chevy's and Dodge I'm glad I listened to my mechanic. When he said Dodge, GM and Ford make pretty good trucks. But their not a Tundra!

Power, full sliding rear window,comfort and the quiet cabin. And of course the exterior design. The baddest looking truck on the road.

Radio controls on the steering wheel would be nice on the SR5.

I replaced the brakes 3 times!
By Oscar Sandoval

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I was wondering if anyone else had to change their brakes on their tundra. i am on my third set of front brakes. they are wearing out very very fast rate. every 5000 miles. I don't know whats wrong. the dealer says the truck weighs too much and its normal. and they blame the way i drive

Like the truck but has problems
By JLP

2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

First Toyota truck I have ever owned. And probably last! I use it to pull my horse trailer and it does that well. But so did my Chevrolet and the Chevy would hold an alignment. Tundra wont. Had 4 alignments done in less than 2 years. Still wearing tires out way to soon. Dealer blames it on bad roads. Chevy was able to hold up to roads. Thought Toyota was supposed to be built better. Also, radio turned off and on by itself. Got it replaced, but lite still goes off and on. Really disappointed dealer cant fix alignment problem. Even took it to another tire place. Thought problem was fixed. After 3000 miles, tires are cupping again already and can feel it pulling. Ridiculous!

Tows great and has lots of power. Comfortable.

Fix alignment! And get better repair men in shop. Guess b/c I am a woman they think I am stupid.

Not a bad truck
By limey

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The bed bounce can be very annoying. If you live in a area with concrete highways I would test drive it there to see how it handles. My kids find it fun now but I think that might change in a few years. The power from the 5.7 is amazing, you can pull away from almost everything on the road.

power, six cd changer with Sirius can't beat it, tail gate ( my kid can close it 5 years old), turning radius. easy to drive.

stop the bed bounce!