Used 2008 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews - 173 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Tundra

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

2008 Tundra CrewMax SR5 5.7 2WD
By Adam

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my 08 Tundra used - it had 45k miles on it. I've put 10k on it. Fits my needs perfectly with 3 kids (huge back seat). Ride quality is great. Acceleration / power is awesome. Too much hard plastic and cheap parts on interior - but still very comfy. I put a 2" leveling kit with larger tires on stock steel wheels - looks better.

Huge back seat powerful motor / well-matched transmission exterior appearance

re-design interior, take lessons from Honda.

The best truck ever!
By m951

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This truck has great gas mileage, a lot of horsepower, and a big towing capacity. It runs soo smooth and sounds so nice. I use it for towing sometimes and it never gives any trouble. I love the looks. Even after having it so long I still love it. Everyone gives me complements. I've had several trucks in my time and not 1 has ever came close to half of what the tundra is.

horsepower, gas mileage, towing capacity, electric seat, lots of storage, easy lift/lower tailgate

nothing that i can think of

Roof rack troubles
By Anton Sisak

2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I choose Crew max, because of great cabin, but I really could use longer bed, for the business I do.I use this truck as a family truck too, so I needed a big cabin. Another thing that really frustrates me about this truck I cannot find roof rack that would work for my ladders. I need something heavy duty permanent, that also has sporty look to it. I can only find the roof rack that attaches to the side of the top of the door. Over all it a very good truck, but nit as practical as I hoped.

Back window, smooth ride. Great sporty look and lot of power.

Longer bed for crew max. Side pieces on the roof for the cross bars.

Pleased but not completely satisfied
By Big Jay

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The truck has done everything I have wanted it to do. It has performed well off road, on the highway and in the snow. I have put it to work hauling and towing and it has not failed me. As discussed below, Toyota put cheap tires on the truck. I shouldn't have to replace them at 25K. One of the tires had a crack in it. The local Firestone dealer told me that they tires were to light for the truck. If do your own general maintenance such as oil changes, you will hate Toyota. Changing the oil is time consuming and difficult. See below. I think the under-seat storage bin should be standard. I recommend it. The gas mileage has been as expected: 11-14 in town and 16-18 on the highway.

Love the power and control off road and in the snow. The truck has met all of my expectation. I do not regret my purchase at all.

I replaced OEM tires at 25K. The front tire started to crack. Interior design is odd. The hanging file section in the middle console is a waste of space. Changing the oil is a royal pain. The designer of the oil filter should be fired. They are expensive and hard to change.

Transmission and acceleration
By JOHN

2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Love the truck but it has some serious acceleration problems and transmission problems . With 19,000 miles on it I have to replace my tires . Previously owned to two Dodge rams and for the price rams are much better for everything but the ride. Toyota beats ram in ride and smoothness . Toyota way to expensive. For that type of truck. The biggest downfall is the sensitive gas pedal . Very dangerous

Smoothness of ride on the highway

Better sales information and reduce the plastic