Used 2008 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews - 170 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Tundra

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Absolutely no regrets
By bassman21

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I spent about 6 months reseaching trucks on the computer read and gathered all the info possible on consumer reviews. About Fords, GM, Dodge, Nission and Toyota. And also talking to friends and my mechanic. I was pointed in only one direction, Tundra! Took a 600 mile trip and got 18.4 MPG highway. Very good for a 5.7. But pulling my bass boat I got 13.5. Don't care going fishing anyway. Just turned 20,000 miles without any problems and still enjoy driving it like the day I picked it up. Take one out for a test drive and I'm sure you'll be impressed...

Very solidly build and a very quiet cabin. Great stopping ability. And with 381 hp, it will set you back in your seat. Very roomy interior and plenty of room in the back seat. And on the crew max the rear seats recline. Great for long trips. And love the color of salsa red. Sure get alot of compliments on the looks of my truck.

None

Great Truck
By agshane

2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have had the Tundra for 18 months. Use it for work, pulling a 12 x 6 covered trailer and for long trips. Bought the truck used with 12000 miles on it and have not had any problems. Performance is good, fuel mileage is good for this size truck (19 on road) and ride is great. Don't disagree about the oil change procedure, it is a pain! The bed is short, but fixed that by putting on a Leer Topper, painted with a matching color. Really nice and provides lots of room. Would I buy it again, yes!

The best features; power, towing, roll down back window, tinted windows, reliable and super comfortable. The ability to turn off interior and back lighting is nice. Don't forget that this was designed to be a "work" truck, not a limo.

Find another way to change the oil and a better grade of radio would be nice.

2008 Tundra CrewMax SR5 5.7 2WD
By Adam

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my 08 Tundra used - it had 45k miles on it. I've put 10k on it. Fits my needs perfectly with 3 kids (huge back seat). Ride quality is great. Acceleration / power is awesome. Too much hard plastic and cheap parts on interior - but still very comfy. I put a 2" leveling kit with larger tires on stock steel wheels - looks better.

Huge back seat powerful motor / well-matched transmission exterior appearance

re-design interior, take lessons from Honda.

The best truck ever!
By m951

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This truck has great gas mileage, a lot of horsepower, and a big towing capacity. It runs soo smooth and sounds so nice. I use it for towing sometimes and it never gives any trouble. I love the looks. Even after having it so long I still love it. Everyone gives me complements. I've had several trucks in my time and not 1 has ever came close to half of what the tundra is.

horsepower, gas mileage, towing capacity, electric seat, lots of storage, easy lift/lower tailgate

nothing that i can think of

Roof rack troubles
By Anton Sisak

2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I choose Crew max, because of great cabin, but I really could use longer bed, for the business I do.I use this truck as a family truck too, so I needed a big cabin. Another thing that really frustrates me about this truck I cannot find roof rack that would work for my ladders. I need something heavy duty permanent, that also has sporty look to it. I can only find the roof rack that attaches to the side of the top of the door. Over all it a very good truck, but nit as practical as I hoped.

Back window, smooth ride. Great sporty look and lot of power.

Longer bed for crew max. Side pieces on the roof for the cross bars.