Used 2008 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews - 173 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Tundra

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Monster truck
By Ralph

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Wow, what a super truck from the muscle and big brakes to ride and quietness. The guality is top shelf. Talked to some mechanics and was told Toyota is the best truck on the road. After having 3 Chevy's and a Dodge ram, I couldn't agree more. I know there's die hard Chevy, Ford and Dodge owners out there, do yourself a favor and check out this baby.

turning radius, full power rear window, power, smooth tranny, color (salsa red pearl) exterior looks, fun to drive.

None

I like this truck so far 2008 tundra
By Leon Garray

2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2006 silverado for a 2008 tundra, one of the best thing I did. I feel I'm driving a real truck the comfort is great, the power is there when you need it V8, I get 300 miles on a full tank using premium fuel. The only negative feed back I have is there's a few blind spot other wise it's a good truck. I've owned this truck for one month...

comfort and exterior look

one thing I miss from my silverado which was the bottom of the line was having the radio control feature on the steering wheel

Owner
By Ben

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have had this truck for about ten months now and I love it. It doesn't surprise me American car makers are going bankrupt. This is one tough truck with a beast for an engine under they hood. It sits back in wait at your beckoning call. If you don't want a real truck then don't buy the Tundra that's for sure. Can't wait to see the 2010 1/2 ton diesel!!!

Bigger Gas Tank
By Carlos

2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Since this Tundra 4x4 5.7 is a V8 and makes an average 14miles per gallon is SHOULD HAVE a bigger gas tank or a secondary gas tank so the truck may have more gas station independence, I hate to stop to fill up the thank every 250 miles. Pls take a note on this. The springs are too soft for heavy loads. But overall this is a great "get out of my way" looking monster which I am proud to drive.

Bigger gas tank or an additional one. Stronger spring for heavy loads.

Awesome power
By John

2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

What a great truck this is! We have had trucks from all the majors, just recently had an 03 F250 diesel. Then come our Tundra and all I can say is WOW. The powertrain in this thing is great, sleek styling lines, tow capabilities and Toyota quality is what sold us. The interior plastics could be better, ride can get a little funky over expansion joints at high speeds. In 6 months been into dealer for squealing belt twice, under warranty. We live in a GM town, and have always tried to drive something different. All the Chevys and Gmc's tend to all look alike and there are lots of them around. Can't wait to tow our camper this year.

Great powertrain, unique styling and tow capability.

Fix the bed bounce, improve interior plastics.