Used 2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 166 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Very weak truck
By kboyfrommd

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have to say this was the worst truck I ever owned. Constant mechanical problems (broken tailgate, transmission issues, engine knock). It was also one of the most uncomfortable trucks to drive any distance. It was rough riding and hard to keep on the road (jittery). I sold it after 6 months and will never own a Toyota again. Stay away.

Engine power.

Better gas mileage, better ride, make a tailgate that supports over 200 lbs., more comfortable seats

Worst Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By Tim

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I'm 41 years old and have owned trucks from Dodge, Chevy, GMC, Ford, and now Toyota (I have no brand loyalty). Without a doubt, this is by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned!! I've had so many problems, I'm not sure where to begin. I have owned the truck for 5 months, and it has 9100 miles. That may seem like a lot, but I usually drive about 35k miles a year (so it should have about 17k miles, not 9). Why the low miles? Because, it spends all it's time in the shop. Engine, brakes, paint (2 complete paint jobs on a brand new truck...downright criminal), transmission (on its third), ECM, constant engine codes, dash rattle, rusting bumpers, ignition stuck, bad drive shaft.

Engine, on the rare day when running correctly, has a lot of power, and fair fuel economy.

C'mon Toyota..you are supposed to be reliable.

"No Problem!"
By NWTrader

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have always been impressed with Toyota's quality and resale value. When they moved into the 1/2 ton market with their original offering, however, I was not impressed at all. No head room, no shoulder room, no leg room, small bed. The 2007 Tundra fixed all that and then some. The reason I chose the Tundra over the GMC Sierra (my 2nd choice) was the 5-speed and 6-speed transmission offerings versus the old 4-speed in the GMC. Have had the truck now for ten months. Not a single problem. Very nice truck and a very nice platform to build on. Good job, Toyota!

Plenty of compliments. 5-speed transmission. Center console size (I run a computer-stand setup in my mobile office and use the center console to hold my mouse pad). Bluetooth with phone and steering wheel controls...can lose the earpiece. Wife loves the heated seats, roominess and JBL stereo system.

Rear camera screen in cockpit placed with poor screen angle. Have to crouch to view it. Makes it unusable and worthless. Suggest adjustable screen. Work on improving gas mileage... technology is at hand!

2007 tundra
By wgale

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Rides like a car, 4.7v8 has plenty of power. 13,000 miles later, only change oil and filter. 17 mpg is the best it has done. I have a cap on it and has all my tools for my trade in it. Love it.

Tail gate, vsc, very quiet, power, ride, rugged.

Have carpeting and trim colors other than black in a blue truck, how about grey?

High Marks for the Tundra!
By esox64

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is one solid built truck! A few weeks ago, I loaded the following items into the bed of my Tundra: 15 rolls of sod, twenty (40 lb) bags of top soil, and two (50 lb) bags of pea gravel and easily hauled everything home in one trip! The dual hitch plugs on the back of the truck and the extending side mirrors are great features when towing my boat all over the Midwest. The transmission on my Tundra is real smooth & quiet and I had no problems with it while towing a boat through the steep & twisting hills of eastern Kentucky.

Towing & hauling power are fantastic. I get good gas mileage towing a boat on the highway. The extended side mirrors are very useful when towing a boat. The V8 power & quiet transmission are great when climbing steep hills. The interior cabin is comfortable and roomy for tall people.

City gas mileage could improve. The back seat head rests block out way too much of the back window, I removed all three back seat head rests. With the V8 engine it takes too long for the heat to kick in on cold winter days. The thin cable supporting the spare tire is way too easy for theives to cut.