Used 2007 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews - 269 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tundra

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Truth about the Tundra
By Tundra 226

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The Tundra has a clear advantage in looks, engine, towing capability, and certainly rear seat room. We have two kids, one a growing teen and most other vehicles don't have near the room in the rear seat. It makes a tremendous difference. You will not find a better engine in my opinion. 99% of the time it is quiet and well mannered until you need it and then you can unleash the incredible power that makes you truly appreciate what Toyota has done. The transmission is excellent as is the 4X4. Fuel economy is 18mpg or better if you try. I don't tow heavy but it is nice having a vehicle capable of it with the big brakes etc. that go with it. I would highly recommend this truck!

Immense rear seat room, incredible engine, looks, 6 speed transmission, rear window that rolls down completely.

Improved stereo components without the JBL package. Be sure to get the controls on the steering wheel, otherwise they are a bit of a reach.

Leased Tundra
By Scott

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have driven this truck for 2.5 years and have clocked 40000 miles. The gas mileage has been very good and has averaged 17 mpg in city driving. This truck has hauled 2400 pounds of concrete bags with great ease, and towed my tractor nicely. It does wear front tires on the outside edge, but I have gotten 40K miles out of the tires. The 5 speed transmission is very well matched to the 4.7 V-8, and quickly moves this truck in all situations. Highway stability isn't quite as stable as I would like, but isn't a major concern. I have had no gas pedal issues. I would buy another Tundra, it's great gas mileage makes it an obvious choice over smaller trucks with same gas mileage. Great Buy!

Engine and transmission are well matched. Great gas mileage. Locking tailgate.

Highway stability. Change gear ratio to help improve gas mileage further.

By far the best truck I have ever owned!
By steved

2007 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this truck in july 07, I have worked it very hard, heavy duty trailers towing a bobcat, ski boat 24 ft camper, 2500lbs firewood in the bed. I have owned 2 silverados, 1 f150, 1 ram and an expedition. This is by far the toughest truck i have had. The ride is great, the engine is very snappy, the transmission is smooth. I have not had one problem with this truck with the exception of one of the rubber strips coming off the roof from the automatic carwash. No biggy. Contrary to other statements, my tailgate is very strong, I have loaded my 700lb Arctic Cat in the bed many times with no issues. Love the fact that its built in America with American materials. Good Job Toyota!!

Engine power, torque, ride, reliability, and RESALE VALUE.

Minor exterior flaws.

Very Good Truck
By Kevin

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my Crewmax for 2.5 years and 66K. It has been very reliable. Just oil changes and tire rotation. As others have mentioned the body panels and paint are thin and will dent and chip easily. I have used my tundra for towing a 6K to 8K trailer with no issues and taken the family on several vacations. It has really been a do it all vehicle. My fuel mileage after 66k is averaged 16.8 mpg.

5.7 with 6 speed auto.

refine interior components

Aggravated
By John in Houston

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I was a big believer in Toyota quality until my Tundra experience. Auto door locks and remote won't function on the front doors and they tell me it will be $1,250 to fix. Since the key only works on the driver door, this is a big hassle. Why design locks so they are too expensive to fix? The lights on the radio panel haven't worked for most of the time since I've had the truck, so the button lights and channel indicator can't be read while night driving. Transmission replaced once, but then often jerked when putting the car in drive. Dealer tells me they just have this problem and he can't fix it. This is not the reliability and quality I thought I was spending my money on.

Roomy and comfortable. I like the size of the bed.

Need to return to the quality Toyota used to be known for, and stand behind this product. Customer support was not helpful.