Used 2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 166 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Best half ton truck out there!
By kfilly

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my '04 Toyota Tundra Double Cab for a Limited '07 Tundra Double Cab which was a dealership demo. I like both versions. The newer model has a few quirks. The ride is definitely not as refined as previous generations of Tundras. The blue tooth phone system cannot dial anyone in my cell phone directory via voice dialing (otherwise it is excellent). I replaced a factory radio due to a funny noise. The new Tundra design has a lot more power. It is more fun to drive. I also have two shedding dogs, and I appreciate the fact the interior is easy to clean. Something other than the silver plastic interior finish would have been very nice.

Power/heated leather seats with variable controls are nice. Auto dimming mirrors are a good touch. Back up system works great. Vehicle's power makes up for lack of comfort. Fuel economy is decent for a truck. Exterior styling is great! I love the easy lower tailgate.

Seat belt chime is way too long. I always use my seat belt, but either one of my dogs can trip the passenger one by moving around. Wide roof pillars can obstruct visibility when making turns. Stability control automatically cuts out in four wheel drive. No power rear window like on '04 model.

Best... Truck... EVER
By Ted

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I was a Dodge guy for years until I got sick of replacing brakes and front ends every 10,000 miles. I've had my Tundra for just over a year, and it's by far the best truck I've ever owned. It's fast, smooth, reliable, and eagerly takes on any weather the Northeast can dish out. I will never buy another brand again. As long as Toyota makes the Tundra, I'll own one.

Exterior design, brilliant red color, 5.7L motor, wicked towing capacity, smooth drive.

Easier driver access to center console controls, allow driver to turn off the damn bells and warnings! I don't need to listen to 20 minutes of "dinging" to let me know my seatbelt is unclipped. I know it's undone.

Great Truck
By WA_Joe

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Excellent truck so far but I have a few nits: In the interior the hard plastic dash could have been better. For example, a rubberized feel like on an Audi - especially on the Limited you would expect better materials. The shift knob is massive. And I wish you could disable the very annoying seatbelt alarm, and auto locking doors when you put the truck in drive. The shift gate makes it annoying putting the truck in reverse, and the sport shift mode is too slow changing gears after you have slapped it back or forward. The leather heated seats are a 10/10 though.

The 5.7 liter V8 is a powerful, smooth, and torquey motor!

Better interior materials, less nanny alarms and features. Change the shift-gate, and make the shifter knob human-sized.

Best truck ever
By Tundra For life

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I've put a lot of miles on this truck so far. I am very impressed. No problems at all. Gas mileage is impressive 22 on highway. I towed my 24' trailer 1200 miles and averaged 17 mpg. Sold a 2006 Dodge Hemi. Never own one again 2 transmissions and i engine overhaul. And many rattles. I will stick with a Toyota. Best truck on the road.

Power and off road ride. Towing is amazing.

speakers stink

Glad we waited for 2007
By Flashy

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Our original plan was to get the 2006 because we liked the body size of that Tundra. The reason we decided on the 2007 was the 5.7L engine. We have a 20 foot cabin cruiser and liked the towing capacity of the bigger engine and the fuel economy over the 4.7L. Now that we have had the truck a little while we are getting used to how really big it is! Our dog, who doesn't like traveling at all likes the floor of the back seat with the seats up. We just got a tri-fold bed cover so storing our luggage there will be great. We love the navigation and back-up camera and ability to have bluetooth and MP2 plug. Overall, we love it. Great power and smooth transmission and drives like a car.

Navigation and back-up camera and MP3. Great versatility with back seat. Lots of big and little storage areas.

We added the wood grain molded dash which makes the stark looking silver dash come alive. Great addition!