Used 2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Best truck I have ever had
By Jon Phillips

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first Toyota, first ever vehicle that was not Ford, Chevy, or Dodge. I bought mine used and have been amazed daily at how really good this truck is. 20 and sometimes more MPG on the highway. 14 to 16 running around town on errands but most of my use requires highway driving. I bought this truck as a grand experiment because I needed a vehicle that could do long mileage and not fail me when I needed it. So far, so good. This is the most comfortable truck I have ever used.

Gobs of horsepower, excellent sound system, comfortable seats at all positions. My 6'4" son sits behind me with several inches knee room.

Always better mileage but even with fuel costs what they are, I am pleased with what I get. Chevy says their new V8 will get 20+. talk to the owners! Mine actually gets the 20 on the road.

Wonder if engine will hold up.
By Worried

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The 2007 Toyota Tundra is a nice truck, but I have a few complaints: the engine sounds like a diesel until it warms up, the ride is jarring, and it is hard to see when backing up. Toyota seems to use a lot of cheap plastic material; some have started to discolor already. When I ask the dealership for help on issues that seem to be abnormal it all ends up being normal; like the clattering engine, the vibration in the steering wheel and cupping tires, and transmission down shifting.

Power of the engine, drives nice. Gas mileage is not bad for a big truck.

Seats have little neck support. Ride needs a lot of improvement, needs carlike ride. Chrome the the painted wheels. Use a thicker coat of paint. Use better quality of materials. Needs a better radio. Cup holders are too far from the driver. Needs blower control to vent air to the back seats.

Awful ride
By randy

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this powerful half ton thinking it would run like my 9 year old tacoma. The ride is simply awful. I as well as my passengers are literally bouncing off our seats being held in by our seat belts. I don't dare have my new born in the truck as a passenger. After waiting a year for a promised fix from Toyota for the rough ride I could wait no longer and traded it in for a GMC Sierra. Lost a bit of power but man is the ride better. Problems during my 9 months of ownership: the rubber sealant around the windows were replaced. The driver's side mirror was replaced. The torque convertor was replaced. The transmission was being looked at due to hesitation-vibration.

The cabin space was great. The power of the 5.7 was incredible. 1800lbs in the bed was hardly noticeable.

Toyota really needs to address the complaints of those who have the rough ride/bouncing issue promptly. I lost a lot of money trading in the truck and that I will never forget.

Awesome
By Kamen Dimitrov

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I live in Bulgaria and my father and I have been looking for some months to import an American style truck. Obviously we were focused on the Ford F-150 and the Chevy Silverado and Avalanche, when one day we saw a Tundra CrewMax sitting in a used car dealership in Bulgaria. It had 500 miles on it. Well, that has become our truck in Bulgaria. It is huge, and in Bulgaria it look particularly huge. The 5.7 V8 has awesome power and makes it fun to drive. Also, we went to the mountain with it - there isn't an obstacle for the Tundra.

Rear-view camera is a great feauture. However, the engine is the best thing about that vehicle

I am happy with it as it is.

Love the Tundra - Texas Female
By Love my Tundra

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I love this truck. I can have a stressful day at work and when I get in my truck it's all left behind. I wish I lived farther from work so I could drive it more. First vehicle I've owned over 6 months and still love it. I still love walking out to a parking lot and knowing I'm headed towards the best looking truck in the lot. It's just fun to drive. Getting on freeways is fun with the power of this truck. Watch your speed in this truck. It's so smooth I often catch myself speeding.

The back seats recline. The full back electric window. Tons of room for driver and passengers. Lots of compartments and storage.

The tire pressure light is constantly on even though the tires are ok.