Used 2007 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews - 270 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tundra

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

have had radio problem
By jlw1960

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We really love our truck have had to have the radio replaced still the channels will fade in and out at times.have lost the rubber strip on the top right side in car wash , but as far as the performance of the truck could not be happier my husband get mad because I do not want him to drive it .

So far Reliable but could be greatly improved...
By trichopsis

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

76K miles. Impressive power, smooth tranny, deep gearing helps pull heavy loads with ease, suspension is supple.

With a double cab and full bed, it does flex more than I'd like it too. However, it is well mannered, predictable and quiet. I had to buy different bushings for the cab to stop the dreaded "bed bounce" issue. Mine was unbearable before.

Interior-other than the stereo being hard to reach from where i sit, some of the plastics are kind of cheap feeling.

If driven at 65 it will do what it states. I average 16.4 with 90% freeway in So Cal (pretty flat). 70-75 mph. Also, it says it has a 26 gallon tank - but I've never filled more than 21...

-BMW style Orange dashlight, easy on eyes. -Drivetrain - Is the BOMB. Gearing is great, brakes are great, turning radius good. -very quiet for a truck -Tow package has both pins so you don't need to buy different harnesses. -Mileage isn't too horrible considering displacement and output.

a telescoping steering wheel would definitely assist driving position. Fully BOX the frame dang it! Stupid Toyota Limited Slip Diff....NEED LOCKER --> GM, ahem... Make a DIESEL please. Accelerator Pedal (post recall) TOO SENSITIVE. Do not like Sealed Transmission - I like to check it once in a while.

Should have stayed with my Tacoma
By sshifflett

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

My Tundra has been nice, interior is very light colored and shows any dirt.
I am experiencing some transmission problems with 4wd high and low, multiple service and dash lights on and issues with reverse lights on while driving fwd.
Already had more than one trip to the dealership regarding 4wd issues.

The stereo issues happen only in the spring when the temp in the cab goes up and down a lot in one day.

Sunroof, large back seat, rear sliding window and hwy driving.

Stereo and other electronic issues. 4wd high and low problem needs to be dealt with by Toyota.

Hosed . . .
By travisthompson

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love the style, look and (when it's right) performance of this truck.
I work out of state and put tons of miles on my vehicle, as well as drive it off road quite a bit, making 4wd drive a necessity.

After returning from a trip, my 4wd locked up in 4 low - I took it to my local Toyota Dealer who informed me that this is a known problem if you drive your 4wd Tundra anywhere it is wet or cold - this was corroborated by several of the other techs at the Toyota dealership.
I contacted Toyota and they said that although there is a known problem, it's not covered under the warranty.
$2400 later, my 4wd works, but we've learned our lesson.
This model just isn't right.

The looks, the style, how it drives (when it's operating correctly), tons of storage, the reclining back seats

If you make a mistake, own up to it. Toyota didn't, and has lost a loyal customer because of it.

Great truck for a horse farm
By Norman

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We could not be happier with this truck. Used to haul a 2 horse trailer, an equipment trailer, and to generally carry heavy or bulky stuff around on our small horse farm. Have driven in very hot weather, in deep snow, in heavy rain, and have had no problems at all. Do put on studded snow tires in the winter. Factory tires get great gas mileage but wear quickly. Only complaint is the Toyota standard navigation system, which I find very difficult to use. My other vehicles have Garmin nav, which is far better and a lot less money.

Towing ability in all kinds of conditions and with all kinds of loads (live loads, high center of gravity, long trailers, etc.)

Toyota standard navigation system (on all of their vehicles) is very confusing and difficult to use for everyone in my family. I have an engineering background. I recommend you do not get the factory Nav and use a Garmin instead.