Used 2007 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews - 270 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tundra

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Toyota does not stand behind their trucks
By Mike Lesch

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have a 2007 Tundra, their is a Technical Service Bulletin (T-SB-0101_12 they know these trucks rust in particular areas. Regardless of age they know it rusts faster than normal. I have had topper on my truck as long as I had it and it rusted from bottom to bed surface. I am not talking about small areas but large areas 4-6" circles with. Very very sad!

No Other Truck Compares
By Bill Hinman

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought 2007 Tundra new for significantly less than I could have bought a comparable Hemi Double Cab. I currently have 181,000 miles on it and the only fix was the water pump which Toyota covered on warrantee at 96K miles. I have towed an 8K camper from VT to SC twice and although the mileage was terrible (8MPH) no issues to date. I have replaced the brake pads twice and rotors once. All other people I know that own ford, chevy or dodge have replaced wheel bearings, tierod ends, and brakes every 25k miles. This truck is the real deal no matter what anyone says.

Wish it looked as good as it drove.
By unerik

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a new 2007 white Tundra from a local Toyota dealership.
The truck drives well and the turning radius isn’t as bad as the 2006 and previous models.
It’s also a very well built truck for the most part.
I can't complain about the fuel economy given the fact that it's better than the tacoma models of the same year averaging 17.5 mpg.

A couple of favorite features are the towing capacity and look of the truck. I also love the size and height giving you an excellent view well above other traffic.

The paint job has faded to the point where the clear coat is gone and the paint comes off when trying to buff the truck. Through the blogs and social media I found that Toyota used a single stage paint for their white trucks of that year. If you are going to purchase a tundra from that year, don't buy white.

A Great Work Truck
By way2fun_lotus

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

After reading some of these reviews, I have to wonder if there aren't some Toyota haters posting misinformation. I have a 2007 with 47,000 miles on that I have worked the you know what out of, and I have never had a single issue with it. No stuck accelerator, no rust, no tailgate problems, no radio problems, no vibrating bed, etc. The truck has been bullet proof just like you would expect a truck to be. My only issue with it is it's large size. It's a lot to maneuver, and I sometimes wish it was smaller. On the flip side, I can't tell you how many times I've had the bed stacked full of stuff and was grateful for the size of it.

Very comfortable and powerful. Great looking truck built in the USA.

Scrap the worthless Bridgestones it comes from the factory with. Went thru the first set in about 20,000 miles and Firestone gave me a great deal on a second set (warranty adjustment) but they wore out as quick as the first. Expect to get between 14-16 mpg on the 5.7 L double cab. Anyone who tells you they are doing better is a liar or can't do simple math.

After 5-years and 86,000 miles pleased with decision
By bg53

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this truck new in 2007 after comparing it to the other offerings available.
The space in the back seat of the CrewMax is what really pushed it ahead of the competition at the time.
Overall, I've been pleased with the truck.
There were no issues during the first 4 years.
This last year had a replace the water pump & rear wheel bearings.
Not real happy about this, but these two items tend to fail on pretty much every vehicle out there at some time during its life span.
With the cabin space and off-road capabilities, I consider this vehicle the ultimate SUV.
Works great for my family.

Rear seat room; Powerful engine; Highway ride; Turning radius (great for a truck); Sliding rails in truck bed are handy to secure loads. Soft open, locking tailgate is great.

Fuel mileage has been what was expected (13-14 city and 16-17 highway), but could definitely be improved upon. The gas pedal is really touchy, which makes it difficult for a smooth start over a bumpy road.