Used 2007 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews - 269 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tundra

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Tundra Terminator III
By Melvin Nieves

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I feel super happy with my Tundra Limited 4wd 4 dr Crew cab 2007. Super quiet. Excellent suspension, very good movement, very strong when I need power, 381 hp is true. Fast acceleration. Excellent air conditioning. Excellent brake system. Interior fine and modern. Fuel economy is poor.

My favorite is the 381 hp super 5.7 strong motor and super Belstein suspension very very quite (silencious).

More fuel economy. needs original roof rack, needs 120 volt ac 2000 watts power inverter, cd changer more capacity. Security back camera best standard equipment.

Best Investment
By BRIAN

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

It looks and drives like a luxury truck but it really is a work truck. I can use it during the week to haul heavy loads or use it at a construction site and on the weekends, go to a wedding or nice outings all in the same truck. It's got power and class. The best vehicle I ever owned.

I like the deep bed but my favorite feature is the tight turning radius. Tundra drives smooth and the interior is comfy. Full sized adults can sit comfortably in the back seats.

The gas mileage could improve but compared to other full sized trucks just like it, it does great.

New Kid on the Block
By Doug Tachi

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

As a tow vehicle the engine, with 401 ft. lbs. of torque coupled with a six speed transmission and 4.30 final drive ratio, is a lot closer to diesel performance than I had expected. The other surprise is general acceleration. Right off the showroom floor, typical stop light to stop light runs leave many "performance" cars struggling to keep up. The seats and seating position are very comfortable and except for the interior design of the dash, Toyota engineering has raised the bar for trucks in this class. So far it's been a win-win situation.

The engine and drivetrain are the crown jewels for this vehicle, clearly outclassing anything in its field of 1/2 ton trucks. The general level of driver comfort is also a big plus at the end of a hard day.

The exterior design of the bland truck sides could be a little more decisive in appearance. Bottom panels connecting wheel flares would help to segment the vertical sides and would emphasize the horizontal character of the truck.

One Awesome Truck !
By Sherman

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

In my opinion, this is the best truck on the market. I have grown up with Ford trucks my whole life but because of recent problems, not anymore. About 2 months ago I wanted to take an 07 Tundra for a test drive and was sold. I love this truck! I say that everyday. I have a family of 5 and there is plenty of comfortable room for all of us. Also for such a big truck, with a lot of power the mpg was not bad at all (compared to other same size trucks). I intend on driving this truck for a long time and if it is anything like my parents' Toyota trucks, I will be. Also, this truck has more than enough towing power for my boat to and from the launch and also for the quads to the woods.

I think this truck runs, idles and shifts really smooth with plenty of power. Even on the highway it drives very smooth with easy to use cruise control. I also love the way the front looks like a bulldog! Plenty of interior room with plenty of power.

I have only owned it for 2 months and have had no problems. I would change the design of the instrument panel because while driving, it's a difficult glance. Also I wish a bedliner and floormats were a standard option on all of their trucks. The plastic door handles seem a little too plastic.

Crewmax... awesome!
By thomasfxlt

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

What a truck. After multiple GMCs and Fords, this thing really gives you a confidence. I liked my GMCs and Chevys, but the issues really started to show up at around 50-60k miles. I've owned numerous Toyota cars and love the reliability, ride and handling quality and reliability. The 5.7 engine is amazing. Absolute and instant power. The tranny is perfectly matched and smooth. Test drive one. You'll buy it.

The engine and transmission. Second, the rear seats. They slide forward and recline.

I bought an SR5. The radio controls are awkward without steering wheel control.