Used 2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Hosed . . .
By travisthompson

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love the style, look and (when it's right) performance of this truck.
I work out of state and put tons of miles on my vehicle, as well as drive it off road quite a bit, making 4wd drive a necessity.

After returning from a trip, my 4wd locked up in 4 low - I took it to my local Toyota Dealer who informed me that this is a known problem if you drive your 4wd Tundra anywhere it is wet or cold - this was corroborated by several of the other techs at the Toyota dealership.
I contacted Toyota and they said that although there is a known problem, it's not covered under the warranty.
$2400 later, my 4wd works, but we've learned our lesson.
This model just isn't right.

The looks, the style, how it drives (when it's operating correctly), tons of storage, the reclining back seats

If you make a mistake, own up to it. Toyota didn't, and has lost a loyal customer because of it.

Had Better
By Mike

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is now my fourth Toyota truck I have owned, and the first three were amazing having put on 450000 kms, and not needing anything except for regular maintenance. I have to say as much as I love the detail, and style, I am not impressed. I had an issue loading my ATV into the back, causing the tailgate to deform, I had to research that issue and found there had been a service recall, however the Service manager at the dealership took some persuading even to look it up, however in the end it was fixed at no cost. Secondly, the rubber rain track on the roof had to be reinstalled once under warranty during a car wash, however within a year it had blown out while driving down the highway.

Styling, Design, performance, still an excellent truck, just not as good as it was

Their customer service, and satisfaction is down the gutter, right from the dealership right up to head office

Poor Quality
By t1

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

One was led to believe that toyota was higher quality, but since the start nothing but problems and at 82,000 miles fuel injectors problems on 5.7L engine. Major repair over $ 3,600. Never had a truck with this major repair with less that 100,000 miles. Not built to stand up to heavy duty use.

Fuel economy and power.

Toyota, stand behind your engine until you get the bugs out.

BUY ONE!
By Awesome Truck!

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Just another honest opinion. Bought the Crewmax when they first came out. Compared with my other vehicles, I couldn't be happier. I won't mention the brands but they have all been in and out of dealership for repairs. This truck has been the most reliable vehicle I have owned. However, as with all vehicles there has to be a problem. The front diff. Needs repairing. Makes a "woo. Woo" noise once and a while. But Toyota will replace it. Unlike other brands who claim you are hearing things. Tons of power, tons of room, not bad on fuel (87 octane), and will spank a ext. Cab hemi with the supposed 390 hp. (ask my brother ; ) ). Stereo is good not great.

POWER, exterior looks (get tons of complements), interior looks very modern, room, storage,

better stereo. JBL just ok.

Truth about the Tundra
By Tundra 226

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The Tundra has a clear advantage in looks, engine, towing capability, and certainly rear seat room. We have two kids, one a growing teen and most other vehicles don't have near the room in the rear seat. It makes a tremendous difference. You will not find a better engine in my opinion. 99% of the time it is quiet and well mannered until you need it and then you can unleash the incredible power that makes you truly appreciate what Toyota has done. The transmission is excellent as is the 4X4. Fuel economy is 18mpg or better if you try. I don't tow heavy but it is nice having a vehicle capable of it with the big brakes etc. that go with it. I would highly recommend this truck!

Immense rear seat room, incredible engine, looks, 6 speed transmission, rear window that rolls down completely.

Improved stereo components without the JBL package. Be sure to get the controls on the steering wheel, otherwise they are a bit of a reach.