Used 2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 166 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Recommended
By Michael

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Gob-smacked happy with this brand new truck. The power/acceleration is sensational. Averaged 16.9 mpg on a playful 230 mile rural/highway drive. Love the engine sound, gauges, silky drivetrain, and smooth ride. Interior materials could be improved, human factors improvements needed (console cover hard to reach, extending to perform a lot of nav touch-screen data entry is discomforting to my back). Leather seats are comfortable but could be softer. Side view mirrors are sensational. Auto heat/AC feature works great, tailgate assist is nice, lifetime AT fluid (not convinced yet), JBL stereo sounds good. Overall, a very quiet and refined ride for such a powerful truck. Best half-ton ever made!

5.7L engine and 6-AT smoothness, looks of 20" wheels, view from side mirrors is the best ever, nav w/bluetooth hands-free telephone is a cool feature, JBL sound system rocks, steering wheel audio/telephone controls. Cold package is a good buy.

Add AT dipstick and body side moldings. Pad door arm rests. Increase heated seat output. Center console is difficult to reach/close. The nav touch-screen should extend/remove for easier data entry. Integrate cell address book/nav destinations. Verizon cell addresses did not autoload w/Bluetooth.

Tundra Terminator III
By Melvin Nieves

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I feel super happy with my Tundra Limited 4wd 4 dr Crew cab 2007. Super quiet. Excellent suspension, very good movement, very strong when I need power, 381 hp is true. Fast acceleration. Excellent air conditioning. Excellent brake system. Interior fine and modern. Fuel economy is poor.

My favorite is the 381 hp super 5.7 strong motor and super Belstein suspension very very quite (silencious).

More fuel economy. needs original roof rack, needs 120 volt ac 2000 watts power inverter, cd changer more capacity. Security back camera best standard equipment.

Best Investment
By BRIAN

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

It looks and drives like a luxury truck but it really is a work truck. I can use it during the week to haul heavy loads or use it at a construction site and on the weekends, go to a wedding or nice outings all in the same truck. It's got power and class. The best vehicle I ever owned.

I like the deep bed but my favorite feature is the tight turning radius. Tundra drives smooth and the interior is comfy. Full sized adults can sit comfortably in the back seats.

The gas mileage could improve but compared to other full sized trucks just like it, it does great.

New Kid on the Block
By Doug Tachi

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

As a tow vehicle the engine, with 401 ft. lbs. of torque coupled with a six speed transmission and 4.30 final drive ratio, is a lot closer to diesel performance than I had expected. The other surprise is general acceleration. Right off the showroom floor, typical stop light to stop light runs leave many "performance" cars struggling to keep up. The seats and seating position are very comfortable and except for the interior design of the dash, Toyota engineering has raised the bar for trucks in this class. So far it's been a win-win situation.

The engine and drivetrain are the crown jewels for this vehicle, clearly outclassing anything in its field of 1/2 ton trucks. The general level of driver comfort is also a big plus at the end of a hard day.

The exterior design of the bland truck sides could be a little more decisive in appearance. Bottom panels connecting wheel flares would help to segment the vertical sides and would emphasize the horizontal character of the truck.

One Awesome Truck !
By Sherman

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

In my opinion, this is the best truck on the market. I have grown up with Ford trucks my whole life but because of recent problems, not anymore. About 2 months ago I wanted to take an 07 Tundra for a test drive and was sold. I love this truck! I say that everyday. I have a family of 5 and there is plenty of comfortable room for all of us. Also for such a big truck, with a lot of power the mpg was not bad at all (compared to other same size trucks). I intend on driving this truck for a long time and if it is anything like my parents' Toyota trucks, I will be. Also, this truck has more than enough towing power for my boat to and from the launch and also for the quads to the woods.

I think this truck runs, idles and shifts really smooth with plenty of power. Even on the highway it drives very smooth with easy to use cruise control. I also love the way the front looks like a bulldog! Plenty of interior room with plenty of power.

I have only owned it for 2 months and have had no problems. I would change the design of the instrument panel because while driving, it's a difficult glance. Also I wish a bedliner and floormats were a standard option on all of their trucks. The plastic door handles seem a little too plastic.