Used 2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 166 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Muscle Truck
By CBass

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This thing is like driving a jacked up sports car! It is a little strange to be in a vehicle this big that has so much power. Overall I am very impressed with all levels of this truck. The fit and finish is top notch, the doors shut with a tight seal, the bucket seats are great and it tows my 20' boat like it isn't even there. I traded my z71 suburban for the Tundra Doublecab. It has as much room in the back seat as my Burb had in the second row. Mine has the XSP package which includes the 20" BBS wheels, fender flares, leather, step bars, skid plate, etc. I think this must be a package that is only available from S.E. Toyota as I don't see it listed on here. Buy one!

Engine & transmission.

Group option packages so items can be added without going all the way to the limited to get some of the bells and whistles.

Just as I expected
By achaux

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

So far I'm extremely happy. Just wish they made the v8 with a manual transmission. That is my only complaint. Ride, mileage, initial quality all exceed my last truck.

Engine! Styling and initial quality are exceptional.

Manual transmission. Yes, I know I'm old fashioned with this request, but I live high in the Rocky Mountains, and nothing beats a manual. Sequential shifting is nice, but just not the same.

Great Truck
By David Moody

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is our 1st full size truck and we could not be happier. It is as much a pleasure to drive as our Avalon.

The powerful engine. Great looks. Comfort and roominess.

Nothing comes to mind.

Work Hard/ Play Hard
By thill

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have always driven Fords for work and play, but that just changed. This truck has more power, more tow capacity, the interior looks better, more room, plenty of storage inside cab for papers, cards, files, drinks (on the door also), turns better, and is just more fun to drive. I have driven just about every Ford truck there is up to 850s (work). This truck compares to the F250 5.4L Lariat in my book. I also love to race and this truck has it there, well for being full size!! We will see how it lasts and pretty quick. Almost ready for first oil change in about 1 1/2 months.

Tow haul switch for heavy loads. It changes the shift points.

Little, wider tires for 18" rims.

Best Option I found
By Nancy

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first truck, having owned SUVs, but I talked with a lot of folks before going with the Tundra. Ride is excellent, fuel econmy great for its size (getting 19-20 hwy) - not an in town kind of truck though. Drives, handles and brakes well. Massive amount of room. Love the tow mirrors. Could use better back up lights, sonar should be standard in trucks this size. I still wish someone would market a small truck that would blow away the big boys on the highway in mpg. For now, there is no gain in going smaller if you want 4WD so why not get a big truck that can carry more (if you need a truck).

Room. Fuel economy for class. Safety features. Handling. Brakes. Power. Maneuverability.

Better operating manual for transmission features (VSC, TC, 4Hi, 4Lo Standard Sonar, backup cam, LineX. Better TRD tires than the ones that come with it. Better skid plate, Better grille protection,