Used 2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 166 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Tundra Truck 07
By Kent B.

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

A joy to drive, lots of power, very comfortable driving position (my wife likes it as well). I have the double cab that provides good room for passengers. I'm very happy with the truck so far (1200 miles).

The engine (5.7 L.) and the shifter on the console are my favorite items.

Don't know off any (at this time).

Don't buy a Totota Tundra!!!
By ll liveoak

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Do not make the same mistake that I made! My pickup has been in the shop for 3 months of the 10 months that I have owned it. At present Toyota is replacing the airbag sensors and the 6 speed transmission. Also, I now understand that the tailgate will need to be replaced due to design errors. Toyota has never built a full size pickup before and it may be years before they get it right. Don't take the chance like I did or you may fegret it. Also, they do not hold their value because Toyota is now discounting them to get rid of them. Leonard Liveoak

Stereo

They need some more experience building full sized pickups before they sell anymore.

Good Choice
By bctundra

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Did a lot of research and test drove all manufacturers and all sizes. This truck was the most impressive, bought three of them in fact. Everyone is amazed with the performance and absolutely loves the styling. Was hesitant to buy anything other than a domestic but couldn't pass on this truck.

Power, handling, braking, towing, interior and exterior styling, comfort, size (these rigs are big).

I'm sure mileage could be improved, but averaging about 16 mpg mixed driving... what I expected so I'm not really complaining.

So Far so Good
By Michael T

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this truck to replace a 2003 Toyota Tacoma. I went with the TRD package because I love the look. I drive 90 miles a day so comfort and reliability are also very important. After reading several reviews I went with the 5.7L V8 and man am I glad. This truck is pure fun. The ride is smooth and comfortable. My wife doesn't want to drive her Expedition anymore! I'm not a big truck guy but this thing is perfect for people looking for the convenience of a truck and the ride of a car. The truck is big so people need to be aware that parking can be tight. With that said all I can say is, Toyota did it once again. Great job!

More interior storage than you can shake a stick at. Very quiet ride. The interior feels air tight. The standard stereo/CD player are great. Love that 5.7 V8! For a big truck it turns on a dime and the steering wheel feels effortless. Overall the truck just turns heads.

Passenger should also have a power seat. The cup holders in the front are somewhat out of reach. The dash board is somewhat abrasive causing anything that is rubbed across it to disintegrate. You have to wipe several times to remove it. As always a little better gas mileage sure would help.

Small problems
By mac57

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love the truck! Small problems due to Toyota quality slipping. Rattle in door, kick panel loose, front end out of line at delivery, now my tail gate latch broke after only opening the gate maybe a half dozen times. Still love the truck but you do not expect these little problems from a Toyota.

Seats are a great comfort.

Delivery quality of fit and finish needs to be addressed. Of course better gas mileage but it is a truck after all.