Used 2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab
By Scott

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Toyota - The most relaiable truck, period. Toyota did a great job on the Tundra both inside & out. This is my third Toyota, and I have never had any problems with them mechanically or cosmetic. My only complaint on the Tundra is that it came with Dunlop tires from the factory, and they are terrible. I only have 9500 miles on the truck, and the tires are shot. I can't understand why Toyota would put crappy tires on this truck. The fuel mileage could use some improvement too. I get 15 hwy - should be around 20 hwy. If you are looking for a quality, dependable truck, the Tundra is the one!!

Sunroof, power rear window, interior & exterior design, deep truck bed, V8, smooth shifting

Fuel mileage, lighted blinkers in side mirrors, rear heated seats, lighted switches for power windows/locks/mirrors, use Bridgestone or Michelin tires from factory.

My Tundra
By Sony

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best truck I have ever driven. The room inside the vehicle is amazing. Extremely durable. Worth every bit of money paid for. Drives like a luxury truck. I would have to say it's quite fuel efficient. Handles very well on the snow. Overall the best vehicle I have ever driven.

The amount of space inside of the truck. The color, beautiful blue and bright. The 4x4 feature, leather seats and deffinetely the heated part. The power window in the back.

I would only have to say the turn or rotation of how the vehicle turns in a tight situation.

LOVE MY TUNDRA!
By E. J. LEAGUE

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had ford and chevy but the tundra is the quietest, smoothest ride for a pickup truck i have ever experienced. The power is impressive, and I have extras like sunroof, navigation, heated seats, which just add to the enjoyment. Best of all, this truck looks good!

Rear window that rolls down completely! Allows for the best ventilation you can imagine!

Could use more leg room in the back seats. Need a mute button for the radio and it would be great if it was on the steering wheel. Add a turn indicator light in the outside rearview mirrors. It is a great feature for those around and beside you who may not see the rear or forward blinkers.

'05 Tundra DC
By jmk

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love the truck. I compared Chev, Ford and Nissan 1/2 ton 4 full door trucks. The Toy has the largest bed by far and plenty of room for the family. Excellent ride and great gas mileage over the 2500 HD I traded in. Stereo is very good, visibility is good and the major controls are easy to reach. Hauls a full load of gear for four in the back plus towing a boat (3000 lbs). Passengers comment on the car- like ride.

Rear auto window. Smooth ride. Improved power. Longest bed in 1/2 ton 4 dr trucks.

I would prefer to have real steel bumpers instead of the plastic claded ones. Something that sticks out instead of molded to the body. Center console could be higher and squared off to go with and suppliment the arm rests. I would like overrides for intr/extr lights and cntrls like my old Chev had.

lower ball joint failure
By chuck fabian

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have been an owner and was a very happy Toyota customer for over 9 years. My current experience with the front wheel of my 2004 Toyota Tundra falling off, has made me a very dissatisfied customer. Toyota had issued a recall for a lower ball joint problem including some 2004 Tundra trucks. I was told by Toyota that my truck was not covered by this recall. They have refused to pay for damages. I would like to issue a warning to Tundra owner CHECK YOUR BALL JOINT AS MINE FAILED WITHOUT WARNING. IF you have had to have your ball joints change please contact the national highway safety board.

Comfort, Looks

Toyota needs to change the front end design. The lower ball joints are a non- serviceable part that should not fail causing the wheel to come off.