Used 2005 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews - 144 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Tundra

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Worth the money and the ride
By hydrosport

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned my tundra for four years. It has been a workhorse and still rides like the day I brought her home. Mileage is 15/18 which isn't bad. No problems and engine is still silky smooth. Would buy another one. Tows my boat well and limited slip is very sure footed.

Decent ground clearance for a 2wd pickup.

Needs a better stereo.

Work Truck
By HL

2005 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the standard cab V6 6 speed manual new as my work truck. It currently has 118000 miles with the original clutch and has only required the standard maintenance (tires, oil, filters, spark plugs, brake pads, rotors). With the tool boxes and welder it carries an extra 1500 lbs in the bed at all times with no problems.

Low maintenance, decent fuel economy (18mpg), value (purchased new for $14,600).

Toyota In NH
By Toyota in NH

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this tundra after owning 4 other Toyota. Traded my 97 Tacoma with 200,000. Great truck goes good and with my exhaust, she really pumps out the ponies. Towing two snowmobiles and a 4 wheeler and I can't tell they're behind me. My friends own Chevy's and this truck smokes them with the trailer hooked to it! Buy one you'll love it!!!

Toyota quality, Gas mileage better than my old Tacoma, Power and torque, 4x4, No unscheduled repairs.

Bigger interior I'm 6'5". Rear suspension is light but ok. Front end sits too low for off-roading stock truck. Trailer connector placement. Mine broke twice.

4 years running...
By Mike H.

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is a 4 year review. This should give used sales a boost. First, the reliability is superior. At 40,000, no major problems except for regular scheduled maintenance. I mainly use the truck for traveling. I average approx. 16 mpg. The comfort exceeds any truck I have owned previously. Handles a heavy load well. Load the truck up with timber and still rides like an SUV. The transmission is exceptionally smooth. After 4 years, my Tundra has held up well. I would certainly buy one again.

I appreciate the rear electric slide down window. The 4dr interior space. Drives like a SUV. Smooth transmission. The 4.7L V8 has great acceleration even past 60mph. After 4 years, the build quality stands out.

Improve the turning radius on the 4dr. I wish the 2005 had mp3 audio connectivity.

Dependability!
By Bill

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is a classic Toyota. Very reliable vehicle with decent features that make it practical and economical. Can't say enough good things about the truck.

Rear window that slides down. Extremely smooth transmission and engine.

Better fuel economy for the size of engine.