Used 2005 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews - 144 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Tundra

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Tundra 05 Limited Access
By Jonny 5

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Very good pulling power for 3.5 klb. boat, barely tell it's back there. On Hwy you will get close to 20 mpg. Pulling the boat, it drops down to about 13-14 mpg. Ride is very smooth, and quiet. Handling is like a sports car. Before you buy anything else, test drive one of these puppies.

lower ball joint failure
By chuck fabian

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have been an owner and was a very happy Toyota customer for over 9 years. My current experience with the front wheel of my 2004 Toyota Tundra falling off, has made me a very dissatisfied customer. Toyota had issued a recall for a lower ball joint problem including some 2004 Tundra trucks. I was told by Toyota that my truck was not covered by this recall. They have refused to pay for damages. I would like to issue a warning to Tundra owner CHECK YOUR BALL JOINT AS MINE FAILED WITHOUT WARNING. IF you have had to have your ball joints change please contact the national highway safety board.

Comfort, Looks

Toyota needs to change the front end design. The lower ball joints are a non- serviceable part that should not fail causing the wheel to come off.

Nice Truck
By Great Truck

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I sold my 8 yr. old Ford F150 extended cab. Wow, the Toyota is awesome in comparison. I did look at the new Ford and Nissan. I ended up choosing Toyota based on overall value and feel I made the right choice for my usage needs. Pulls my boat as though I didn't know it was there, takes me down the hunting roads and through snow and mud without a problem. Plenty of room for my family and dog. Very comfortable ride and nice handling truck. I recommend it hands down!

Crew cab comfort, center console, radio controls on steering wheel.

arm rest on chair and arm rest on door don't seem even, sometimes feel a bit lopsided when both elbows are resting.

First week impressions
By Bob

2005 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first truck. The ride is car like with just a bit more engine noise and vibration. Excellent comfort makes this truck easy to drive. Tons of torque while maintaining smooth shifts. No rattles and an excellent AM/FM CD with four speakers. Great visibility front, rear and sides. The tilt wheel is a must have because it allows for a comfortable driving position as well as making it easy to enter and exit the cab.

I really like the arm rest which folds out of the center of the bench seat. The V-8 engine wants to go and I can accelerate at will. I am eye to eye with the majority of trucks and SUVs.

I dislike the "Tundra" carpeted mats because they slide around on the vinyl floor covering. Oddly, the driver's mat has only one hook to hold it in place while the passenger mat has no hooks at all.

I love our new Truck!
By Diana

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My husband and I are Die Hard Toyota Fans. We now own a 2000 Toyota Avalon and by far it's the best car on the Market. The comfort of this car is amazing, for both front seat and rear seat passangers. Soft leather, beautiful interior. And the only time it's been in the shop is for oil changes and servicing, it now has over 80k miles. Our friend has a Toyota Truck that has over 300k miles and still works and looks good. When we decided to replace our second car, we thought of no other than Toyota, thus the TUNDRA was the one. Nice Truck, clean feels strong and safe. Rides like a Sedan but your high enough to 'look over' the other cars. My Rating 10+++

I just like the Interior and Exterior look

The back seats are a little cramped, but I don't ride there often...lol