Used 2005 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews - 142 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Tundra

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

LOVE MY TUNDRA!
By E. J. LEAGUE

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had ford and chevy but the tundra is the quietest, smoothest ride for a pickup truck i have ever experienced. The power is impressive, and I have extras like sunroof, navigation, heated seats, which just add to the enjoyment. Best of all, this truck looks good!

Rear window that rolls down completely! Allows for the best ventilation you can imagine!

Could use more leg room in the back seats. Need a mute button for the radio and it would be great if it was on the steering wheel. Add a turn indicator light in the outside rearview mirrors. It is a great feature for those around and beside you who may not see the rear or forward blinkers.

real tundra
By charlie

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

excellent truck with traditional toyota quality...good economy for a full size truck and PLENTY of power and torque; I expect to keep this truck for a good while (my fourth toyota)...my 93 corolla has 310K on it and STILL gets 40 mpg........why go anywhere else ?

ride and comfort

the only area I see is that the a/c vent just to the right of the driver blows directly on the gear selector handle; so this is sometimes uncomfortable. but not critical issue; I am sure that Toyota will engineer this out soon.

'05 Tundra DC
By jmk

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love the truck. I compared Chev, Ford and Nissan 1/2 ton 4 full door trucks. The Toy has the largest bed by far and plenty of room for the family. Excellent ride and great gas mileage over the 2500 HD I traded in. Stereo is very good, visibility is good and the major controls are easy to reach. Hauls a full load of gear for four in the back plus towing a boat (3000 lbs). Passengers comment on the car- like ride.

Rear auto window. Smooth ride. Improved power. Longest bed in 1/2 ton 4 dr trucks.

I would prefer to have real steel bumpers instead of the plastic claded ones. Something that sticks out instead of molded to the body. Center console could be higher and squared off to go with and suppliment the arm rests. I would like overrides for intr/extr lights and cntrls like my old Chev had.

Tundra 05 Limited Access
By Jonny 5

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Very good pulling power for 3.5 klb. boat, barely tell it's back there. On Hwy you will get close to 20 mpg. Pulling the boat, it drops down to about 13-14 mpg. Ride is very smooth, and quiet. Handling is like a sports car. Before you buy anything else, test drive one of these puppies.

lower ball joint failure
By chuck fabian

2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have been an owner and was a very happy Toyota customer for over 9 years. My current experience with the front wheel of my 2004 Toyota Tundra falling off, has made me a very dissatisfied customer. Toyota had issued a recall for a lower ball joint problem including some 2004 Tundra trucks. I was told by Toyota that my truck was not covered by this recall. They have refused to pay for damages. I would like to issue a warning to Tundra owner CHECK YOUR BALL JOINT AS MINE FAILED WITHOUT WARNING. IF you have had to have your ball joints change please contact the national highway safety board.

Comfort, Looks

Toyota needs to change the front end design. The lower ball joints are a non- serviceable part that should not fail causing the wheel to come off.