Used 2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Best Truck Made
By nole795

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my Tundra for 2 years. Smartest buy I ever made. It will even outlast my wife :). I was skeptical buying a used truck from a lot but the Tundra really is a great ride. It has power. You really feel safe in the truck in the TX storms. I've never brought it for service except for one recall and oil changes. If your in the market for a reliable used truck that can do the "job" then the Tundra should be on the top of your list. You wont be disappointed.

The smooth ride, low wind noise, acceleration, and the overall build and look of the truck. I love the excess space you can make when you fold the back seats up for space, as well as the hidden compartments below the back seat. Gotta love those suicide doors.

I average 14 mpg in the truck, but hey it is a V8 so I expected it. My only qualms is that I like to rest my arm on the window frame. The Tundra window frame is very thin and uncomfortable for those wanting the "trucker tan." Back seats are not the most comfortable.

Would Buy Again
By Joe Kot

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Best driving I've had with a truck or a car. Would like better gas mileage, but it is one of the best in its class. Would definitely buy again. Great truck.

Brakes (don't ask, you'll know what I mean when you buy one). Smooth ride.

Gas mileage, roomier back, but that's been addressed already.

Tundra
By Limited

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Limited 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great overall truck reliable and comfortable unless your in the back seat. The motor has ample power but Toyota has improved on that too. You can't go wrong.

Overall great design

The Access doors are hard to access

A Great Truck
By Hadawn

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck new in Sept. 2001. It now has 64K and it still runs like it is brand new. I have had very few problems. I would recommend this truck to anyone. I had to have the O2 sensors replaced (recall) and the lower ball joints replaced (recall). The driver's sideview mirror had to be replaced because it rattled (under warranty). The only thing that I've had to pay for is the interior light switch on the driver's side. It was only $100.00. The dealership has always been very helpful and friendly. There are no squeaks or rattles anywhere. This truck was built to last. The engine is very smooth, responsive and quiet. The V8 engine is amazing.

V8 power, very quiet, tight build quality, drives and rides like a car.

better fuel economy, bigger back seat

Love IT!!
By Nick Ramos

2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I Love my Tundra and would like to be buried with it. After having this truck I feel really weird going on the highway in other vehicles, b/c of the noise reduction and comfort I've had with my Tundra. Though it chugs gas you really can't buy one of these w/o expecting to pay out.

Body style and color (met. grey) of my Tundra have to be it's fav feat. b/c even when my baby's dirty i get compliments on her.

Have the headlights go out after a certain time limit. I've parked my truck in my small garage and had to exit the passenger side and forgot to open the drivers side door to turn off the headlights, well I need a jumping after that day.