Used 2000 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Tundra

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

2000 Tundra
By grayliner

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab SB

Seatbelt doesn't retract well. Seatbelt retract-stop button broke off, easy use no abuse. Co2 sensors bad, relaced myself -then recall- but $0 reimbursement < refused by Toyota dealer because I did it myself and they went bad before recall. Head gaskets leaked and expensive to replace gaskets -desing/bolts. OEM Brakes went out early, as per typical.

Smooth power. Comfortable truck. Style. General reliability.

Seatbelts. o2 sensors. Refund for OEM o2 sensors when work done by owner, with receipt for parts - it's only fair.

True Believer
By only drivin tundras

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my Tundra in mid 2002 with 44K miles. Drove it approx 35K per year pushing oil changes to every 10K. Replaced one set of front rotors, one fuel pump (it was blowing the EFI 1 fuse) and one set of spark plugs. It was an outstanding truck. I say was because it was totaled in an accident with 206K. Had it not met an early demise I believe it would have easily rolled 300K plus. I missed it so much I replaced it with another one with a young 148K on it.

It's all good. Styling, feel and comfort.

Figure out the brake shudder. It's irritating but certainly not enough to make me buy another brand.

It's not all that it is cracked up to be
By Gene

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Many problems with the brakes. Was told the axle has to be replaced to fix the brake problem. Exhaust header gasket replaced at 50,000. Panel light burnt out as did the rear license plate light. Went through 3 starters. Paint was very susceptible to scratching. Brackets holding front wheel well trim corroded in under 70,000. Oil dipstick was the wrong length. Door screws come loose. Electrics in drivers door replaced.

Rides well. Exhaust system looks new, never replaced. Upholstery held up well.

Perfect light duty
By Andrei

2000 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought mine with 50k on it. Now it's 90k. Had to replace shaking brakes at 60k. Otherwise no problems, it runs like new. It rides very comfortable and quiet at any speeds. I used to average 19 MPG, up to 22 MPG on highway at 80-90 mph. But now I put 1 size bigger tires and I'm down to 17 MPG, 19.5 MPG highway. I have tonneau cover too. This truck rides effortlessly anywhere you take it.

Nice stereo, autolights, effortless power, good fuel mileage, easy, sporty driving experience, ground clearance.

Better springs in the door, so it doesn't close on you every time you reach inside the truck while standing outside. Better water channeling off the windshield, so it doesn't run on drivers side window.

Over a thousand and still running.
By barry morgan

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought my tundra used with 78,000 miles. It was like I was in a new truck, and was very pleased. Until I started having problems with the oxygen sensors going bad. I rated the reliability low because I think Toyota has dropped the ball with the experiences that I have had with the oxygen sensors.

How tight the truck still feels. My truck has over 122,000 miles on it now, and it feels like you are in a truck with about 30,000 miles.

Gas mileage, gas mileage, gas mileage. Need a lot of work there. I like head rests that adjust forward and back. The back seat is all right for children on long trips, but for adults forget it. After about 20 miles in the back seat all you want is out.