Looking for a midsize pickup that can do it all? You should definitely check out the 2016 Toyota Tacoma, a go-anywhere truck that combines an efficient V6 engine with a truck bed loaded with clever cargo-management features. We're especially partial to the TRD off-road version and its unrivaled off-highway capability. Let's see which one is right for you.
- Efficient V6 engine can tow up to 6,800 pounds
- More off-road-capable than any other compact pickup
- Attractive interior has easily understood controls
- Truck bed packed with useful cargo management features
- Top-level engine can be paired with a manual transmission
- Resale value second to none.
- Unconventional legs-out driving posture
- Telescoping steering wheel may not pull back far enough for some
- Cab stands higher than rivals
- Fuel economy optimized shifts of automatic transmission make the V6 feel sluggish at times.