2011 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: 5 year review

2011 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

V6 Double Cab (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic 6.1 ft. Bed)

5 year review
By billu88 on

2011 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven this vehicle for 2 years now and I'm very happy with it's style, performance and quality. I replaced a 2003 Tacoma extended cab with this 2011 double cab. The 6 foot bed is the only way to go. I have to back it into my garage because of the extra length but this is one option you should get if you are going to haul anything. Gas mileage is OK, not great but about 19 combined. Handling is good with great acceleration. Brakes are the worst part of this vehicle. I wish they would have changes to 4 wheel disk. The only other issues I have are: A clunk when I slow down and stop, and play in steering while going over bumps off road.
5 year review - Toyota has a TSB for the items above but since it's out of warranty they won't fix them unless I pay for it. I clearly stated that this issue was identified before the warranty period expired but I'm still working on getting the clunk and steering fixed. The brakes are still the worst part of this truck. Toyota needs to upgrade ASAP. Overall, it's been a workhorse for a mid-size truck you can't go wrong with this vehicle. I would consider buying a new one when this one needs to be replaced. I have been involved in Toyota intersection surveys and everything, except the brakes, have been implemented on newer models.

• Rain snow traction
  • Resale value

• Entertainment
  • Usb ports
  • Fuel economy

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By darrenst
on 11/07/14 22:29 PM (PST)

i own a 2011 sr5 and have not experienced the clunk when I slow down nor the play in steering when going over bumps. I would be concerned if I was you...