Used 2011 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

excellent product.
By Fred

2011 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

spend your money on a Tacoma and forget the rest. You wont be sorry

good truck
By Jose G colon

2011 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

best 4 cilinder truck i ever had.

Underpowered, Tough, Noisy, but Reliable Truck
By Chuck Corley

2011 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

The 4-cylinder Tacoma truck is underpowered, but a tough truck. I purchased the truck with 11K miles and sold it at 42K miles. It was used for a home inspection business and carried mainly ladders & hand tools and the occasional weekend projects materials. The ride and noise level were below average for a truck today. It never broke down or had any problems in the 31K miles in the 3-years I owned it. Maintenance requirements are minimal and mostly oil changes and drive shaft lubrication. The truck averaged 18-19 mpg with mixed driving. It is built for off-roading and well known for how tough it is. Toyota quality is great. When it is time to replace this truck, I will compare other similar trucks again and choose the best one for my needs. There are not many trucks in the mid-size category to choose. I have always liked the smaller or mid-size trucks since they haul 4' x 8' sheets fine and fit in the garage nicely. I ended up replacing the truck with a 2013 V6 Tacoma Pre-runner. It has plenty of power.

right for me
By dstretch

2011 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my 2011 sr5 about a month ago. Did lots of previous research prior to buying it, fuel, reliability, pricing, etc. Month later, can't say enough of the Tacoma. Great mid size truck that stands up to all others with good gas mpg. Would highly recommend the Tacoma if your looking for a dependable mid size truck that delivers good fuel and pulling power for weekenders.

As trucks go, Tacoma is rated highly for its dependability. Time will tell

Absolute Garbage!
By mongre

2011 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have now owned 4 Toyotas.
Excluding a late 80s base model Tacoma, this is the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I will be slow to purchase a Toyota again.

Cheap materials, cramped and awkward interior, an endless supply of mechanical failures. I am happy to say goodbye.

I spent hours haggling over the Cruise Control failing at 70.
Toyota made every excuse yet blamed me & the terrain (small incline).

1 engine out of 12 takes synthetic.
Of course my dealership filled it with standard and replaced it so the engine could sound like a VW bug for a while.

Two...yes TWO rear bearings, a differential and a front strut later and this has been in the shop more than my last 3 cars combined!

I purchased the vehicle because of the resale rates. Plain and simple i needed an efficient truck to haul things now and again, and do light duty work. The truck looks nice on the interior at first glance but you quickly realize everything is plastic. This truck fulfilled my desire as one would expect any pickup would. That's about where my fondness ends.

Make a decent vehicle, Toyota. You're slipping in to the mentality that quality doesn't matter. While i can actually lean against this truck without it causing a huge dent in the panel, unlike my last Tacoma, i find this truck a far stretch from being a "quality" ride.