Used 2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Tacoma 2010 prerunner
By Robert Klee

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Nice mid sized truck, But when you let your foot off the gas pedal, in town and put in back on, it feels like it hunting for best gear, but it's to low of a gear most of the time, and the engine revs and it not all that smooth, very disappointed.

Love the bluetooth, for cell phone driving, and putting truck in reverse, a camera display in center mirror shows a very picture of whats behind you, It's great when windows are fogged up.

Must make steering wheel pull out more than a inch and a half. I feel like I can't find comfort with arm stretched out so far, and transmission feels jerky, with in town driving.

Disappointed
By Tico

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just passed one year and 10K miles and more disappointed than I expected (this is my 4th Toyota, but first Tacoma). Lots of little probs: Buzzing sound from center console that dealer said was fixed (it wasn't). needed windshield replaced due to glue streak marks that impaired visibility, acceleration from stop poor (dealer says this is "normal" -- yeah, right!)...poor mpg 15-16 in city, 18 on highway. Hindsight being 20/20, I'd go with a Frontier or Ridgeline.

smooth ride, interior/exterior styling, handles well

lights in glove box, better stereo. live up to Toyota claims of quality.

So far so Good
By I like it

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I really like the is truck (except for my height issue). If the next model had a higher roof line like the new 4Runner I'd trade up. It suits my needs well, with two kids. I didn't want to get a full size due to the crappy mpg, thats why opted for the Tacoma. 17.?? city all the time and highway is like 22 and change. No problems towing or hauling, however I did get the free spring upgrade to avoid future problems. I recommend this truck for sure.

I like the built in bead liner and the pockets. The under the back seat and behind storage is nice. Traction control is amazing, in a foot of snow I didn't use 4 wheel drive.

Taller roof like the new 4Runner so tall people can fit. I'm 6'2" and have to slouch or turn my head to the side to see the red light.

Don't buy unless you want junk
By dontwasteyourmoney

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this truck since 12/09 and have to say this is the absolute WORST new vehicle I've ever owned. This truck has weak leaf springs, "hunting" transmissions, steering problems on loose gravel, noisy ac blower motors, rust on frames/bumpers of brand new trucks... I could go on, but you get the picture. This is actually the 4th Toyota I've owned and I couldn't be more disappointed. My brand new (9 mth old) truck has each of these problems and Toyota refuses to fix any of them with the exception of the leaf springs. Toyota quality is a thing of the past, and if I can give you any advice at all, it would be to look elsewhere for your truck. Don't take the chance. You've been warned!

If I had to pick one, it would be the 4x4.

Fix seating position, it's too low, fix the noisy engine tick, fix the transmission, I don't even know what to say about the rust issues..., add better insulation to improve the noisy cabin (rain hitting the roof is astonishingly loud), Basically, you need to improve the entire quality of the truck.

Truely awesome pickup!
By JBad

2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Steering: A+ response is very accurate, precise and sensitive. Suspension: A+ The TRD off road suspension handles great & provides comfort regardless of the speed or road surface. The clearance height is a perfect compromise. Engine: B Dependable & strong. I towed a 3.5k lbs boom no problem. Also handled several payloads of brick just fine. Highway merging speed could be better. Fuel economy is decent but could be better. Interior: A+ Looks cool, seems very practical in function & layout. Good materials. Brakes: C- Brakes are important, & each time I towed or had a payload I worried a bit. Without a load they're adequate for a safe driver. Composite Bed: A+ innovative, practical, best in class!

The traction control works amazing in snow & ice. The interior is awesome. The bed is extremely useful with little storage cubbyholes, tie down cleats, & an AC outlet. Another favorite is knowing the resale value will always be up there. I also love the backup camera, JBL sound system & other upgrades

Definitely better brakes. An optional V8 would be very appealing. The V6 could use variable valve timing for power and economy. For a truck reaching 5,550 lbs its HP should be no less than 270 in my opinion. Lastly the paint scratches extremely easy. And the sheet metal may be too thin/ dings easy