Used 2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Must Buy!
By Jon

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove a previous model year Tacoma and the difference is night and day. I always wanted one and finally broke down after my last vehicle died. The thing that surprised me the most is the outstanding turning radius. I have put about 13k on it since I got it in December last year and have had no issues. All around this is a reliable, comfortable, sleek, and fun drive. Great acceleration. Great handling. Could not be more happy with any other truck. My friends envy me! :)

Even though I have a base model with no options on it, it does not bother me, and I am all about options! It has everything you need. Favorite thing about the truck is that it has a lot of room inside. Even sitting in the back is more comfortable than most cars. Feels like a full size vehicle.

Maybe a little more horse power. There is plenty, but when you are towing heavy loads it can be difficult going up hills or keeping speed. Also, better sound system. It is a lot better than my wife's '07 Mazda's system. There is plenty of treble, not enough bass without blowing out the speakers.

2007 V6 Tacoma 4x4 4 door sport L/B
By mark

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

At 6k the LF wheel bearings, front axle and roter needed to be replaced. (never off-road or accident)Cruise control is useless-jumps gears constantly. Mileage OK at consistant 16.5-18 with a canopy. Blows occasional smoke on startup which got a little better with synthetic oil. Watch for sludge build-up on these motors. Check warranty carefully -Toyota will not look at this problem unless you are losing a quart of oil every 1k miles. Fingers crossed mine is not one of these problems. Thank god I had not installed the lift kit and voided the warranty!

Comfortable interior, upgraded tow package pulls small motorcycle trailer easially. Good torque and acceleration with V6. 4 door option very roomy for passengers. Good visibility and handeling. Curb appeal. 17" wheels.

MP3 jack for stereo-lights on window switches and locks for PM driving. Modify warranty to cover the possible valve problems (smoking) before you need a new engine.

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport
By Mike Summes

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This truck is a typical well built, reliable vehicle from Toyota. I just got out of a full size P/U and I'm confident this 07 Tacoma will perform as well or better than my full size one.

Manuverability, reputation and quality that seems to be built into every Toyota made.

Front seats could be just a little more comfortable, especially for people with long legs, but overall I'm completely satisfied.

Decent, but not what I expected
By Will

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After several very positive experiences with Toyota, I came up with a downer. Quite evident, the more Toyota grows, the more it has taken some quality control out of there vehicles. I have 6k miles on mine and have an off and on noise that happens at 75-80 (dealer can't diagnose 'cause they can only drive it up to 70), front dash rattles, passenger door rattles and has had to be towed as it wouldn't start (Thank God I purchased the extended service plan otherwise I would have been really irked paying for towing on a 3 month old truck). I wouldn't mind a littler better mileage but it's not bad. Power is good for a V6 and comfort is good as well. I still like it but wish it were better.

Power, comfort and on-road handling.

Improved quality control. Wish list: solid front axle option and a V8 or diesel option.

Good truck, some bugs
By m9431

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

There's a lot to like with the latest Tacoma truck. Nice interior and the V6 is smooth and powerful. Its size is just right. Issues? The auto trans doesn't seem to shift right. Rear springs are weak (I had to replace and I don't haul anything heavy) or put up with it bottoming out. Front end gets out of alignment easily. Does the PreRunner really need to be be so high off the ground? I'd like better MPG, but at least I can get 20 or better.

Nice interior layout. V6 engine pulls and revs well.

Auto transmission (programming?). Weak rear springs, stronger chassis. Input jack on radio. Lower height on PreRunner. I'd have preferred a manual trans. expecially after seeing how poorly the auto trans shifts.