Used 2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Top Notch
By goodhands83

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking at the Frontier and the Tacoma. I decided on the Tacoma because of the superior space in the rear seat and Toyota's responsible tradition of workmanship and durability. Not sure if it matters but the battery is huge. I have a double cab short box SR5 Off Road Package and there is plenty of room for adults in the rear seat. As for the problem mentioned by the Editors of this site regarding the low seats, it took my lower back 2 weeks to get used to it but now I love it, all good things take some getting used to. The truck handles great off-road, better than I imagined. This truck is a small tank! It handles curbs at 30-40mph no problem ! oops!

6 disc cd changer, tight suspension, overall spaciousness, comfort, reliability.

My fan makes a light clicking noise as it spins, ac or heat all speeds, a little annoying.

2007 Double Cab TRD 'Taco
By Ut Taco

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a perfect truck. After owning two Mazda "Rangers" and selling my beloved Jeep Cherokee I vowed to buy a full size truck until I took a spin in the '07 Tacoma. I love this truck. The V6 that gets knocked for being loud is music to my ears. The first 2000 miles on the truck were on a trip to Moab and the truck did not disappoint. It is a joy to drive on and off road. The TRD suspension is more than a cool sticker, it really works. The truck has plenty of room for the wife and two kids. The dealer even installed a 2.5" lift (sold!). This truck is rugged, solid and fast. 7,500 miles (at least 800 off road) and no problems. Did I say I like my truck?

The whole damn truck! Great motor/powertrain. Off road ability. Good looks. Interior room.

As noted by others, MP3/iPod connectivity.

Transmission & Tire Pressure Sensors
By Raymond8

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My 4-dr, 6 cyl, 5.0 was great until I hit 30K miles. Started having "slipping" or transmission problems. Took it in for servicing & got the standard, "cannot recreate issue." Also, the Tire Pressure Sensor (TPS) system light comes on for no apparent reason, tire pressure is OK - 3rd time this has happened in 1.5 years. VERY disappointed in Toyota... was hoping to have this truck for 8+ years. Probably going to sell ASAP.

Transmission slipping while at complete stop (w/or w/out A/C running). Tire Pressure Sensor system malfunctions.

07 Tacoma sport 4x4
By tyler

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love this truck! White double cab TRD sport 4x4 long bed. Drives smooth, great off road.

Tailgate lock? I added a poplock for $20, and it works fine.

Great Truck!
By Brian

This truck replaced a 1996 Ranger, and the difference between the two was like night and day. Very comfortable, well laid out interior, solid build (rattle free), and great looking - gets lots of admiring stares. I have so far driven this truck about 7800 miles and have no complaints about its ride or reliability. So far, I am getting about 18 mpg city and 22 hwy.

Appearance, sport driver seat, layout of gauges, bed tie downs, storage boxes in beds to hold tie-down straps when not in use, under rear seat cargo boxes.

Rear seat could use a little more leg room, stock stereo is weak. If you are ordering, get the best stereo offered.