Used 2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Great Truck
By mac240

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very nice truck with an excellent ride. This is my third Tacoma and by far the best. I use my truck mainly for personal transportation and I bet I represent a large number of buyers. With that in mind Toyota should make available more creature comforts, i.e., power seats, heated mirrors, a sunroof, auto temp and leather seats. The tire monitor system is useless, it only indicates you have low tire pressure but doesn't tell you which tire. The system GM uses gives you a readout of the tire pressure in each tire, a much more useful system. Even with the short comings I'll buy this truck again.

Style, power, ride, storage areas.

Heated mirrors, aux stereo jack, power driver seat, larger and louder turn signal indicators, fog light indicator, trip computer, auto up power windows, full time power outlet, more 12vdc outlets, and some type of ambient lighting on the front part of the console.

16k mile review
By Mark

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

So, the truck now has 16k miles. Other than the initial axle problem things have been OK. I monitor every tank and the truck was 16 city and 18.5 hwy with canopy until I put new tires on which dropped me 2 mpg (265 70 17) 4wd works flawlessly. The cruise control is still useless-surges gears-and seatbelt and back-up warning quit working. Speaking of tires, despite claims you CAN NOT go wider than 265 without rubbing, even w/ 3" lift unless you replace the rims and sensors-big $$. Smoking problem has cleared with 3rd synthetic oil change - whew.

Extremely comfortable, great torque, acceleration and visibility. Great body styling-this is a big "small" truck

MP3 plug, lights on the door and window switches for pm driving. Ability to put wider tires on without replacing rims. Actually provide the tow converter that's stated free with the truck rather than charging for it ($18)

Reliable, Practical & Fun
By SNM

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Did an immense amount of research before purchasing. It wasn't even close when all was said and done. If you are looking for a 4 door compact pick up this is your baby. 239 hp in the V6 is more than enough, and avg. 19-20 mpg overall. The interior and ride is superior to competetors. The appearance was aesthetically appealing as well. Toyota has a long history of quality reliability. I previously owned Ford and Nissan pick ups, and the Toyota is my favorite by far. I plan on keeping this one for many years.

Design, smooth engine, power to mpg ratio.

Driver seat could use improvement in ergonomics for long trips.

Kept me safe
By Jamboree

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am in the process of purchasing an 08. I was hit head on at about 50+ mph. and I walked away. The cab was totally intact. I loved my 07 and can't wait to get my 08. Fun to drive and travel in.

I like the overall look of the truck, the hoodscoop is great!!!

Automatic rear sliding window would be a nice feature.

Dream turned nightmare
By Bill

2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased new 07 Toy to replace a 03 Honda Oddy after much research. Wanted 4 wheel drive. We love driving it when it runs. It has been back to the dealership 4 times and they can't figure out what is wrong. It just will not start. We park it, go to bed and get up in the morning to a truck that won't start. We really like the back country but now we are afraid to go there as we never know whether our toy will run or not. This is our 4th Tacoma, so we thought we were getting quality.

Good to look at, plenty of room, lots of get up and go, when it goes!