Used 2007 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews - 137 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tacoma

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Not what I was expecting
By Glenn

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the truck 3 years ago and am looking forward to getting rid of it as soon as I can. The engine makes all kinds of noise and pings horribly on ethanol gas. The dealer tells me there is nothing they can about either one. I logged a complaint with Toyota about the pinging and never heard back from them. The dealer told me to use premium ethanol gas, but it still pings. I have to go miles out of my way to get ethanol free gas and I am getting sick of it. No MP3 adapter and the CD player will not play MP3 discs; how cheap. Transmission shifts all the time and steering wheel shimmy has never been fixed. I expected far more out of this vehicle. It is the last Toyota I will ever buy.

4 wheel drive, cup holders and good sounding stereo

Fix the engine noises, transmission shifting problem, lousy brakes, wheel shimmy and put an MP3 player/adapter in it.

Nothing Beats Toyota, NOTHING!
By Jason N

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Toyota, and again I am IMPRESSED. This truck has more than enough pwr to do all I need. I have used it pulling boats, and other cars/trucks as well. The V6 never missed a beat. The 4wd is more than capable of handling anything I have thrown at it, snow, mud, rocks, anything. My mpg has suffered since the induction of ethanol, but whose hasn't? To the reviewer with the overhead compass problem, it's just a resistor that needs re-soldered, you can fix it yourself for free in less than 5 minutes, I have done it to mine. I love this truck and am so glad I choose it over another full size. It does it all, plus the pwr outlet in the bed has proved beneficial. Overall best in class!

The whole truck! I love it all!

Starting out with better stock tires, the BFG rugged trail's are horrible, but all the major car companies use them. I would prefer an all terrain tire stock.

Great, Dependable Vehicle
By Ben

2007 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my 2.7L Tacoma for a little over a year now. Not only does this truck get great gas mileage, but it can handle just about whatever you throw at it. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who needs a reliable, dependable vehicle that is capable as well.

26 MPG highway, 22 MPG City, stick shift.

None that I can think of.

Good dependable truck
By Dennis Dale

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed this truck the entire time I have owned it. Very dependable and comfortable. But, the temperature guage / compass has broken this summer. I was wondering if this is a problem for other owners. My mechanic said during his research the answer is to replace the instrument at a parts cost of about $200.00. He also said during his research that this is listed by Toyota as a problem, no recall at this time.

Odometer says 127,000
By PlainJoe

2007 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

This is my ultra reliable work truck. I clocked 127,000 in less than 3 years. I only change oil, did not even get a tune up. Changed front brakes, rotors and a set of tires. Will change tires again soon. Hows that for reliability. In 2 more years, will change this truck with another Tacoma.

The cup/bottle holders.

A nice alloy wheels will be appreciated.