Used 2007 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews - 137 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tacoma

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Excellent overall value
By Tren

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Having owned Ford long beds, this truck is far superior in every way except power on hills. I chose the I4 Prerun for value reasons and it's lived up its name. Hauling a motorcycle on a hill with the manual tran at 70 was not a problem nor has getting 22-27 (26-7 if you drive speed limit; my overall avg. is 23.5) on the highway for my daily commute. I've driven 8 hours straight (one stop for gas) and enjoyed comfort comparable to the Accord; cruise control is a must! Also, the midrange power from 70-85 has been surprisingly responsive for those days when you're in a rush. IMO, this truck is a long term keeper.

Good gas mileage, build quality, good handling for a truck, storage spaces, comfort, low cabin noise, bed protector, looks.

I added a tonneau cover and K&N air filter. Lund bug shield works great and pops right in. I agree with others about MP3 plug which I may put in next month.

Kept me safe
By Jamboree

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am in the process of purchasing an 08. I was hit head on at about 50+ mph. and I walked away. The cab was totally intact. I loved my 07 and can't wait to get my 08. Fun to drive and travel in.

I like the overall look of the truck, the hoodscoop is great!!!

Automatic rear sliding window would be a nice feature.

Unpleasant Toyota Experience
By Dirtydog1776

2007 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased this truck to get better mileage than my old 1999 Dodge Dakota. So far gas mileage has been terrible ( I am a careful driver!), the engine is under powered and the rough downshifting on even slight inclines makes the cruise control useless. Ride is spongy, steering is loose, lots of noise from the engine and road.

Appears to be reliable, roomy cab, nice layout, large gas tank.

Work on gas mileage, gear ratio on transmission for smoother shifting, better option packages (Couldn't get my favorite color red or other options I wanted).

Dream turned nightmare
By Bill

2007 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased new 07 Toy to replace a 03 Honda Oddy after much research. Wanted 4 wheel drive. We love driving it when it runs. It has been back to the dealership 4 times and they can't figure out what is wrong. It just will not start. We park it, go to bed and get up in the morning to a truck that won't start. We really like the back country but now we are afraid to go there as we never know whether our toy will run or not. This is our 4th Tacoma, so we thought we were getting quality.

Good to look at, plenty of room, lots of get up and go, when it goes!

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4WD 4 cyl
By jc01

2007 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Everything has been upgraded from what I was used to. Coming from my previous 1999 version of this same truck, the 2007 version is longer, higher, wider, stronger and smarter. I am glad that they have made standard the 4x4 mode being switchable from the dash and also improved rust preventation under the chasis by using thicker steel, other alloys, and rust inhibiting paint. Standard features I would of thought would be extra (bedliner, CD, AC, etc.) There is no comparison out there. Nissan, Ford, Mazda, Dodge, and Chevy can only hope to ever match the quality, dependability, durability, and plain sleek/smart design of the Tacoma. The Toyota Tacoma continues to define the small truck genre.

4drs! Bedliner that is literally a part of the truck, not an after sale afterthought. The adjustible track on the bed to attach bungee cords is really useful. Well designed garage door opener holder. High ground clearance. CD player. Lots of storage space inside and out! Plenty of cup holders.

External audio input jack (for mp3 player)! Those mp3 player to FM transmitter boxes just don't cut it. What is that, a 5 cent part! Toyota needs to make a hybrid and/or electric only performance targeted sports car and truck. Electric motor torque output is much higher than gas motor torque output.